What video format does the 8830 play?? i am trying to have 3g play but ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question video format

Advertisement

What video format does the 8830 play?? i am trying to have 3g play but it wont work??
    and help would be great.

Thanks in advance
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: video format

have you tried mp4, see if that works! try going on this link, erase the existing url switch format to mp4, paste youtube url and convert, you will have to refresh the page. once the download option appears save target as whatever you want to name it to, then using DM transfer to device! if its too confusing let me know i'l walk ya through it. let us know how it goes! im not sure it wil work for the 88XX, but its worth a shot!

http://3gptogo.com/
    Last edited by Ranz; 09-21-2007 at 01:42 PM.

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

if im doin movies on the 8830 i convert to one file with the bb video converter then upload to device thru desktop manager with the roxio media manager using advanced settings as mp4 under best settings and mp3 as audio, dont have to use best quality if a smaller file size is desired but i get crystal clear picture quality when i do, oh and in bb video converter make sure screen size is set to 320x240 otherwise picture will still be cropped down after running thru roxio

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by toddone
    What video format does the 8830 play?? i am trying to have 3g play but it wont work??
    and help would be great.

Thanks in advance
    mp4, avi, 3gp should all play but they need a particular coding. Not sure what the coding is though.

beathuh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31bb7c46

i kno u need the ffmpeg codec to watch mp4 on comp not sure what it does writing or converting files though, ive never had any luck with avi on the 8830 though have had the 3gp play but had to use mp4 as the output codec and the 3gp jus as the container

tomaspistola no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AA6A1

I'm using SuperC. Using Mp4 format and Mpeg4 as the container. Works pretty well on most things. I've done some full length movies and some south park episodes too.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b