so i downloaded disturbia in .mp4 format and i play it on my quicktime and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ant the man no está en línea Stack level 1

video file not working on 8800

Advertisement

so i downloaded disturbia in .mp4 format and i play it on my quicktime and it works perfectly, like playing and everything. i put it on my 8800 and i try to play it and it says error, what happened? it works perfect on my computer but when it comes on my 8800 it doesnt? any comments or suggestions would help.

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

Re: video file not working on 8800

Good luck with getting the mp4 file to work. I got a defective 8800 sent to me from T-Mobile. Waiting for a new one.

Other than that, enjoy Disturbia once you get your BB 8800 to play the file.

Capitalist

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Video and audio files need to be in supported formats. You can search the support section of Blackberry.com (search for "media player") for details. Obviously, your PC can support many many more formats and codecs than the BB.

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ try downloading blackberry video converter from seabyrd technologies... It converts the video file to the perfect format for the 8800 or the 8100... I highly recommend it and plus its free...

aguden no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFF978

I downloaded the seabyrd blackberry converter and seem to either be able to get a postage stamp size video or one where the aspect ratio is messed up. And I can't seem to find out anything in the help files to help me out!

sickened no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dont ask

use the new media mananger with your desktop software. it should convert it for you with the correct screen size.

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Neither comb worked for me either. The BB just wont play anything but that stupid preloaded video.

rfernandez72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C93F91

what about online video, is there a plug in i could use to view youtube.com videos?

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

I suggest you go through this excellent thread by hayden to find out all you want to know about converting audio and video files for BB....

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...plication.html

seanbby no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A7B17

I have a similar problem I used the media manager provided with my bb to put a music video on my bb the video works fine on the pc however when played on my tmo 8800 only the sound plays.... Any ideas. I tried downloading a video ota from a random mobile video site and it worked fine..sound and video...please help! Pin me any time my pin is. 240116E4