I know there's a post for setting up the media player to play video on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Video encoding for 8800

Advertisement

I know there's a post for setting up the media player to play video on the Pearl. Has anyone tried on the 8800 yet? Will the same settings work on the 8800 as the Pearl? Thanks in advance for any help.
    PIN - 24053627

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Video encoding for 8800

When did the 8800 come out? I heard it was coming very soon but I wasn't sure when it was coming out. I imagine that AVI format would work on the 8800 as well as the pearl so try the "pearl" way out and see if that works.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

P.S. Where did you get your 8800? And for how much?

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Wow!!! I just saw it on the Cingular site and it looks nice. Although it looks really nice its not much different than the pearl. Basically the same thing as the pearl but without a camera.

Still very nice looking though,

COJO 24

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

People have had success using my product to encode for the 8800. It will play since the codecs used are the same on both devices. That said, I am still working out the perfect resolutions with several stackers.

ANYONE WITH AN 8800: Please download the release version (1.12) of my application (http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbdl)

Download the beta, place the beta in the install directory after you install 1/12

Use the beta to determine which resolutions fill your screen perfectly w/o any black space. Check out the default high, med, and low for the 8800. Then please experiment with the custom until you are satisfied with a resolution that fills the screen perfectly.

First one to get me the information gets free software!

Once that is done, I will be releasing the Blackberry Video Converter 1.13 which will include full support for the 8800.

Thanks,
    B
    Blackberry Video Converter
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

High, med and low all are smaller than the Recommended setting for me.
    So odd. Believe i've spoken to you about this already. I'll do some more testing when I get back from class. I've never used this before though so wondering what exactly is "full screen". Will that remove the BB player's controls? Or just fills what's left of the screen minus the top and bottom bars of the BB player?

Edit: I also get a lot of lost frames which makes the videos all freeze/stutter when I use any config that's not the default BB 8800 one.
    Hopefully someone has better luck so at least I know I'm not messing up somewhere.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey guys I just bought an 8800 and love it. I played Click the movie on my 8800 and it played fine.