Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nice photos! Ok, so I've had my 8830 for about a week now, maybe a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Verizon CDMA+GSM BlackBerry 8830 - Full Specs

Advertisement

Nice photos! Ok, so I've had my 8830 for about a week now, maybe a little more. I have conquored DUN via BT! It's amazing!!

I posted instructions on: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sync_dial.html

(It didn't solve their Vista issue, but it did answer the question.)

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Is there anything that will allow us to open jpeg attachments with a 8830? My phone is saying that is does not have the correct service packs. Thanks for the help.

cheis no está en línea Stack level 1

telus delay launch

cheis no está en línea Stack level 1

what different is between set tup bb as modem standart that enable theated modem

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got off the phone with Verizon and asked why GPS does not work and why does the phone come with Blackberry Maps and he told me he was looking at 2 8830s and neither had the Bb map program.
    What gives Verizon?

mshahan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30187A86

My phone from Verizon has the maps program also. So I'm not sure what they were talking about.

Brooose no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3032A20A

The MAPS program came on my 8830 too. It just cannot use GPS right now. The Bell version has GPS enabled. The Sprint version has GPS enabled. Soon, the Verizon version better be GPS enabled or in 22 days, it's going back!

Superjetter no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know the exact resolution of the 8830? I have cropped some photos at 320x240 but I am getting a flaw down the right side of my photos. Don't know if it's the unit or the roxio app that manipulates the photos or the photos themselves.

iheartbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and asked why GPS does not work and why does the phone come with Blackberry Maps and he told me he was looking at 2 8830s and neither had the Bb map program.
    What gives Verizon?
    The GPS doesn't work because Verizon disabled it. The BlackBerry 8830 has built-in, autonomous GPS--it can find your location and give it to mapping software without any support from the cellular networks. But once Verizon got their grimy hands on the device, they hacked and blocked it. Sometime in the future, they'll offer you the "option" to pay to "enable" the feature they disabled.

My suggestion: switch to Sprint. Return your Verizon 8830 during your 30-day trial period, and buy Sprint's 8830. Then you can enjoy the BlackBerry the way it was meant to be enjoyed--GPS and all.

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2

I think it's time we all hacked our 8830's from Verizon so the gps works properly. Maybe it's time to start a sourceforge project.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

On Friday im going to be getting my BlackBerry 8830 from U.S. Cellular. It does have the sim card capability for world travel. I was curious if anyone knew of a way to hack the unit so i could have a cingular sim card in it as well as the programming for my us cellular number. My goal is to have one phone with two active numbers on it. Its probably not possible but im just curious if its been talked about or not. thank you

StarWalker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30F9D77A

Quote Originally Posted by senseijake
    On Friday im going to be getting my BlackBerry 8830 from U.S. Cellular. It does have the sim card capability for world travel. I was curious if anyone knew of a way to hack the unit so i could have a cingular sim card in it as well as the programming for my us cellular number. My goal is to have one phone with two active numbers on it. Its probably not possible but im just curious if its been talked about or not. thank you
    I heard on another blackberry site that they disabled gsm on the 8830, but since the capability is there in hardware there should be some way to enable it. I should be getting mine by next friday. Let me know what you find out if you get your phone first.

Actually, the GSM offered with the phone is the World version and not the US GSM version, so the answer to that part of the question is no it will not work.
    Last edited by StarWalker; 08-19-2007 at 10:37 AM.

nancy Warren no está en línea Stack level 1

Help. I am new to blackberry with the 8830 - and it was working very slowly and took it to verizon for service. in "running a diagnostic" they took off all calendar entries, and then when I synced I destroyed my outlook calendar. How do I find a backup on the BB; is there one?? Where do I find Outlook backups in Vista? I have too many new operating systems, and my mind is overloaded.
    thanks in advance

StarWalker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30F9D77A

Quote Originally Posted by nancy Warren
    Help. I am new to blackberry with the 8830 - and it was working very slowly and took it to verizon for service. in "running a diagnostic" they took off all calendar entries, and then when I synced I destroyed my outlook calendar. How do I find a backup on the BB; is there one?? Where do I find Outlook backups in Vista? I have too many new operating systems, and my mind is overloaded.
    thanks in advance
    Actually, there is no outlook backup in Vista unless you activated shadow copy by making a backup. You can see if this was done by going to the directory where the outlook.pst is located, c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook, if there is a file there right-click on it and select properties then select the previous version tab then it will search to see if there is any previous versions of Outlook.pst. If not you are out of luck unles you backed up the computer. If you didn't back up your BB before Verizon screwed it you are probably out of luck, but usually you use Desktop manager's Backup & Restore applet to make backup of your data and applications on your BB

Fuzy_GSXR1000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c09665

Thumbs up Re: Verizon CDMA+GSM BlackBerry 8830 - Full Specs

Very kewl stuff here!!!
    Michael

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast