Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know, considering the delay between their launch and Cing's, if the Verizon version ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon 88XX Questions...

Advertisement

Does anyone know, considering the delay between their launch and Cing's, if the Verizon version will have:

1) Camera
    2) Wifi
    3) The GPS ability activated or deactivated

Thanks in advance

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Verizon 88XX Questions...

Ha! GPS would mean no need for VZW's navigator service, or rather, no need to PAY for it. I'd put my money on GPS being disabled.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait before Verizon gets that model.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

man i was looking at the verizon 7130e today and its sooooooooooo thick i was holding my pearl then held that thing and i was like goodlord how thick and heavy...verizon hasn't even gotten the pearl yet much less get the 8800 soon

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the 7130e through Verizon and am really impressed with its performance. It absolutely kills my former Cingular 7100g. I can actually surf online with laptop. I know Cingular claims you can cut I tried it and as long as you 23k dial-up service you're great! But anything more than that and you're dreaming! Anyway I'll trade think, fast and heavy over thin cute and slow any day!

nextelman197 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon is sooo damn conservitive....which is good and bad....good because they normally wont get a phone til all the bugs are worked out...but it sucks because they are soo far behind..normally a year...look how long they took to get the RAZR. It sucks because they have such a great network(at least in RI) but they are so far behind on phones.
    And yes the 7130e is like a brick compared to the pearl...i think I need a hip replacement from carrying it...lol.
    The only hope we might have is they may want to put out a new BB before the iphone launch...and i stress might.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm sure Verizon will get the 8800 6-9 months after tmo and cingular but I believe it will have limited function compared to tmo.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

That's ALL Verizon has - the network. Nothing else. Hence why I'm leaving Verizon to go back to T-Mobile. Cell networks are maturing - we want to have our cake and eat it too!

By the time, or rather IF Verizon gets this phone, I'm sure a new BB will be out that includes a built-in toaster

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

No Camera or Wi-Fi in the Verizon 8800.. Main feature is 1XEVDO/GPRS. Rumor is, Verizon does have plans for a Camera version.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 7130's thickness is more a good thing than bad, as it adds durability and greater comfort in large hands.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

awhile / maybe never id expect the pearl to cross over before the 8800

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thats a good point, why didn't Verizon get the pearl
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I don't think it's matter of "they didn't" as much as "they haven't yet". The newest Blackberries have always been GSM followed by CDMA several months to a year more... There are rumors that Verizon will get their 88XX before the end of the year but I haven't seen anything that has been confirmed.

In any case, if you want the latest BB it's best to be with a GSM carrier. Not to mention it's nice to not have carrier-crippled features.

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    I don't think it's matter of "they didn't" as much as "they haven't yet". The newest Blackberries have always been GSM followed by CDMA several months to a year more... There are rumors that Verizon will get their 88XX before the end of the year but I haven't seen anything that has been confirmed.

In any case, if you want the latest BB it's best to be with a GSM carrier. Not to mention it's nice to not have carrier-crippled features.
    VZW had the 7130e before any other carrier, in fact, I think it was out prior to the 8700 on the other networks. I'm not sure why, but VZW released the 7130e and then the 8700e, while Cingy did it the other way and T-Mo never had then 7130. So, there really is no set rule how these things go.
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

usethesource no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B70DCA

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi

I've always liked Sprint and will probably never switch, without a very good reason. In my area, at least, you absolutely can't beat the CDMA network and the phones aren't as locked down as their Verizon counterparts. I just love my internal GPS actually doing what I paid for it to do. It does suck that I had to wait a year for the 8700 series to come to Sprint, but getting EVDO and GPS built in was WELL worth the wait.

As for the 8800... That thing looks like it would break the first time my pit bull even looked at it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast