Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I haven't noticed anything different yet!... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Verizon 8830

Advertisement

I haven't noticed anything different yet!

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Woobang -

Device GPS appears under GPS Source in BlackBerry Maps options? Doesn't for me.

It does appear in Advanced Options | GPS - however - not under BB Maps.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by woobang
    Huh? looks the same for me! GPS is still there as it was before. Also I have seen this before about the stereo BT.... is this true? Where can we find a list of updates included with these releases?

Thanks for any help!

woobang no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20A99

My bad... I thought he meant it was gone from "advanced options" I actually got rid of BB maps as Google Maps is a smaller app to save space.

Switch apps seems to still be there as well... thoughout all my apps. Also before this update if i was listening to music while the unit is holstered (in standby) when I took it out of the holster it would switch songs. This seems to be fixed now.

BTW... For thoes that had issues updating I did as well, be sure your using the BB Desktop Manager that is listed there. I was using the one from BB site listed as 4.2 service pack 2. Im not sure if this was actually an issue but I uninstalled both BB apps and started and it all worked fine.

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Can't get the latest update to load ... what am I doing wrong? I ran the installer but it doesn't actually load anything to my BB ...

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

will it work for sprint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

PIN/ID

jus installed this and gave me 2 megs of space and my screen is a lil clear ... p.s i heard when sprint release it will fix the whole memory leak issus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

cwatkins no está en línea Stack level 1

This is what my rep sent to me as the updated features:

· Call Collision - During voice call, user receives incoming call (call waiting). User ends first call and answers 2nd call. User then ends 2nd call. Tries to make outgoing call and can't because device thinks it is still on a call
    · GSM to CDMA Reconnect - While in GSM mode, if device or radio was powered down with no coverage or left on during flight back to US, device would not reestablish data connectivity in CDMA coverage until battery was removed and reinserted.
    · GSM System Determination - Multiple issues resolved with acquiring network connectivity while in GSM.
    · Calendar Sync - Three issues resolved with this firmware update.
    · CDMA Radio Fixes - Corrected SIP fallback issue experienced in some markets resulting in Error 348 on the handheld device.
    Enhancements:
    · Unlocked SIM Functionality - The device can now be unlocked to support the use of non-VZW SIMs for voice and data service on GSM/GPRS networks. Note: Customers using third-party SIMs are not supported by VZW while roaming on GSM/GPRS networks.
    · Stereo Bluetooth - Device now supports A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profiles which adds compatibility with stereo Bluetooth headsets.
    · Keypad Backlighting - Keypad backlighting will now engage in low-to-medium lighting conditions improving usability.
    · Ringer Volume - A 6dB boost to audio notifications while the device is holstered.

cwatkins no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone else got the error message 'error reading setup initilization file' ? If so is there a way around it? ............

PIN/ID

hey cwat pin me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

PIN/ID

i installed on my sprint 8830e and it works great even got 2 megas of space cause of the memory leak but the memory leack doesnt go down no more it stays at 18 and i have 13 apps installed but 1 app pocket day beta 5 when i click on to it it freezes my whole bb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by cwatkins
    This is what my rep sent to me as the updated features:

· Call Collision - During voice call, user receives incoming call (call waiting). User ends first call and answers 2nd call. User then ends 2nd call. Tries to make outgoing call and can't because device thinks it is still on a call
    · GSM to CDMA Reconnect - While in GSM mode, if device or radio was powered down with no coverage or left on during flight back to US, device would not reestablish data connectivity in CDMA coverage until battery was removed and reinserted.
    · GSM System Determination - Multiple issues resolved with acquiring network connectivity while in GSM.
    · Calendar Sync - Three issues resolved with this firmware update.
    · CDMA Radio Fixes - Corrected SIP fallback issue experienced in some markets resulting in Error 348 on the handheld device.
    Enhancements:
    · Unlocked SIM Functionality - The device can now be unlocked to support the use of non-VZW SIMs for voice and data service on GSM/GPRS networks. Note: Customers using third-party SIMs are not supported by VZW while roaming on GSM/GPRS networks.
    · Stereo Bluetooth - Device now supports A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profiles which adds compatibility with stereo Bluetooth headsets.
    · Keypad Backlighting - Keypad backlighting will now engage in low-to-medium lighting conditions improving usability.
    · Ringer Volume - A 6dB boost to audio notifications while the device is holstered.
    Thanks fr the update!

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for that info cwatkins!
    Now that the software permits unlocking, how exactly does one follow the steps to unlock?
    Thx!

larryw no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cwatkins
    Has anyone else got the error message 'error reading setup initilization file' ? If so is there a way around it? ............
    I did. For some reason it would not run when downloaded and run from D. I moved it to C:\~\desktop and everything was fine.

Lighthouse8888 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ofelas
    Thanks for that info cwatkins!
    Now that the software permits unlocking, how exactly does one follow the steps to unlock?
    Thx!
    This would be nice to know.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse8888
    This would be nice to know.
    If no sim is required to unlock the 88xx, this is what I got from a TMo rep when I unlocked my BB. It worked for someone on ATT too. Not sure if it will work on a non-sim BB. It sure wouldn't hurt to try though.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ease_help.html

see post #3
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast