I am using a BB 8800 (BES) without an SD card. I get am error ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rosh1182 no está en línea Stack level 2

Using browser to download mp3

Advertisement

I am using a BB 8800 (BES) without an SD card.

I get am error message when I use the browser (not media net) to download an mp3 from my gmail account. I use the browser to view my gmail account via the web interface and one of the messages I has an MP3 file attached. When I attempt to download the file, I get an error saying that the entity is too large.

Is this because I don't have a microSD card?

Thanks for the help.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Using browser to download mp3

I would think that you do need the microSD card installed before you can download a file like that. I installed my card before trying to download anything, but when I installed it, files were created on the card specifically for "Video, Audio", ect... The 8800 has 64mb of flash memory on-board, but may have limits on what size of a file it will allow you to download, unless you have a card installed.

Maybe someone else has tried this and will chime in.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When downloading Files OTA with the BB, there is a size limit for the files. I'm not positive but I believe it is about 2.8 Mbytes. That's the limit when downloading to device memory using media manager.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ive actuallu downloaded a file close to 5MB (actually 4,823k) but anything after that it says "entity too large". In the case you do get one downloaded that large, it causes (at least mine) the blackberry to run slower since downloaded to flash memory. Just like everyone has said its best to use memory card where it can hold more and is faster.

AssfaceJackson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Using browser to download mp3

I just got a Blackberry 8310 for Kwanzaa. I tried downloading a small .mov clip from a website and I get the same "file too large" error. This blocking is done by AT&T not the browser. Is there a way around this?

I was thinking about trying to create a simple Java application that takes a HTTP URL and downloads the file in small chunks (using HTTP RANGE header), and then puts it together as a single file on the memory card.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by AssfaceJackson; 01-02-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: squirrels