Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, I use the 8700 for work and 8100 for personal (same sim card). ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

terp88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Using both 8700 & 8100

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I use the 8700 for work and 8100 for personal (same sim card). Only issue is the different PIN #’s for each device. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can deal with this? Say if I were to give people my 8800 pin, while using the 8100, could I have incoming pin messages “forwarded” to it (8100)?

Thanks in advance.
    Stu

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Using both 8700 & 8100

I don't think you can do that. I do believe that you would have to have to seperate lines. At least that's what I do. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Can't forward bb messenger messages.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's not possible. Each device has its own unique pin so messages sent to one pin can't be forwarded to another.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I have a question maybe somebody on this thread can answer. I have an 8800 w/ Cingular, if I were to buy a Pearl could I swap the sim card back and forth between both phones on the same number? In effect I could have two phones on the same line wothout having to get an extra line?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I concur. Welcome to Pinstack!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    I have a question maybe somebody on this thread can answer. I have an 8800 w/ Cingular, if I were to buy a Pearl could I swap the sim card back and forth between both phones on the same number? In effect I could have two phones on the same line wothout having to get an extra line?

This is correct. You can also use the Device switcher on the DM to synch most information between the phones. Both phones will have different PIN's so any BB contacts you have on BB Messenger or who contacts you thru PIN to PIN messaging may be briefly confused.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry no can do, just get a sim for your 8100

vlestat123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046F9FD

Lightbulb Re: Using both 8700 & 8100

Quote Originally Posted by terp88
    Hello everyone,

I use the 8700 for work and 8100 for personal (same sim card). Only issue is the different PIN #’s for each device. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can deal with this? Say if I were to give people my 8800 pin, while using the 8100, could I have incoming pin messages “forwarded” to it (8100)?

Thanks in advance.
    Stu
    Well my friend you cant do that cause two simcards with one number that means two simcards with one imsi number which would mean a conflict in the system of blackberry.
    that happens alot with us here as my customers would like to do always.
    that causes most of the time in deactivating the service from RIM side.

and if its not deactivated it wont work properly as there might be a delay in the service for hours and sometimes days.

-from technical side:
    when one simcard is under use (making a phone call or under data transfering) the other sim would be suspended until this one and vise versa.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought the OP was asking if he/she could use either her/his 8800, or his/her 8100, using his/her one SIM card. For instance, he/she could take her/his larger 8800 to work, and then later, swap her/his SIM into his/her slimmer 8100 for a night on the town (possibly some clubbin, maybe she'll/he'll drop down and get her/his eagle on.) If this is the case, then YES you can use both devices (one at a time) with you're handy dandy SIM card (which designates you, and thus your number on the GSM network.) This is one of the HUGE advantages over the CDMA network!

so, say it with me: "HOORAY for GSM! HOORAY BEER!"

Edit: This is not the answer to the OP's question. This is the answer to mcgowan08's question. I was confused. The answer to the OP's question is "No."
    Last edited by jerrycrabb; 03-25-2007 at 06:04 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08

Yes you can do this. I am doing this right now. I am sim swapping between a BB 8100 Pearl (black) and a SideKick 3.

mcookyconsp no está en línea Stack level 2

There is a SIM CLONE. I searched on line and found SIM CLONE. You can clone your sim card and have it in 2 phones. I did not try it yet. But it does exist.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by mcookyconsp
    There is a SIM CLONE. I searched on line and found SIM CLONE. You can clone your sim card and have it in 2 phones. I did not try it yet. But it does exist.
    That's interesting.

siren279 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All, im new to Pinstack...in regard to the first question, the answer would be No, since theres no way to forward the messages back and forth from bb to bb. In terms of the other question about the Sim. I happen to work for Cingular and I switch my sim card between my two devices with no problem. I have a razr that I just switched from. The only issues would be downloads since they are based from the IMEI of the phone not the sim card.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

And illegal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast