Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows hows to change the keyboard input on my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Lamont_st_NW no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Using an AZERTY Keyboard on my American Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows hows to change the keyboard input on my Blackberry 8800 so that an AZERTY Keyboard can be used, Ive tried playing with the options but it didnt cover anything on switching the key inputs. Is it even possible? Anyway if anyone could help me out, id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Hello Lamont, there is no option on the Blackberry itself to select the type of keyboard you're using on the device, so it's likely to be tied in directly with the device OS.

One possibility is to find a vendor in the UK or France (or anywhere else that uses azerty instead of qwerty keyboard), and is the same technology as you're device (GSM/CDMA), and use the Desktop Manager to load that OS onto your device. Then, you could swap out the physical keyboards as well.

If you're talking about an external azerty keyboard, if it will work with the Blackberry, it should come with a driver and a .alx and/or .cod file that needs to be installed on the Blackberry itself.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'm stumped. I don't know for sure, but I think it might be hardcoded into the hardware.

Lamont_st_NW no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Oh I see, Thanks for that info. T-Mobile is european so Im sure an OS is available not sure exactly how easy it will be for me to get a hold of one is another story, What happened is that I bought a brand new housing for my 8800, however I failed to notice that the keyboard it came with was an AZERTY type. Thanks for looking into that.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I accidently ordered a black azerty keyboard a while back also from cnn.cn for my mothers phone. Woops. My bad!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what exactly is AZERTY? I've never even heard of that

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's the equivalent of a QWERTY keyboard in a different language (not sure which languages, though).

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Its a french keyboard. The only two letters that are different are the a and z.

sascha no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Its a french keyboard. The only two letters that are different are the a and z.

& M