Hey! I have a headphones converter which allows me 2 plug standard earphones in2 my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

using a y cable w/ the 8800

Advertisement

Hey! I have a headphones converter which allows me 2 plug standard earphones in2 my 8800 and then i also have a y cable...so i was wondering if i could plug the converter in2 my blackberry and then the y cable in2 the converter since it only allows 3.5mm 2 listen 2 music from my bb on a stereo system...Will it work? Or will it ruin the blackberry?

Thanx in advance!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: using a y cable w/ the 8800

Try it and find out!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask

Lol i'm not exactly so excited 2 risk breaking my phone!

PIN/ID
    ask

Ok i drew up courage on risking my bb and tried this and... IT WORKS!! Perfectly fine! Its pretty cool! I'm telling u this 8800 doesn't get any better! Jk lol

k2daizzer no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only problem with using a mini to rca adapter or in any variation of the input to a stereo system is the backfeed that the stereo will put to your phone. As of right now it bears no effect on your phone but in a long term situation it could possible take a toll on your beloved bb. Personally I woudlnt take the risk. They make cd players for that if you want to play music. As much as we all like integrating our toys into anything we can understand that they are made the way they are adapterless for a reason

PIN/ID
    ask

R u certain of this? Cuz this is exactly what i wanted 2 know.I pretty much fig it would work,i was worried if it'll shoot my bb...

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I cannot see any reason why using a "Y" with your BB would do any damage at all.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm curious to find out what damage everyone is refering about. If the plug fits it should not pose any hazard. Your not sticking your jack into an electrical outlet are you? Lol

Don't fear....enjoy the compatibility

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~think about it a stereo is capable of handling mass amounts of wattage. Have you ever listened to a stereo system that was poorly installed before? You get all that humming and buzzing sound because it is getting electrical interference from some source. If the internal components of the stereo were to fail or weren't installed properly it could in a long term situation backfeed unwanted power to the bb. If they wanted you to use your blackberry with your home stereo they would sell a kit to do so. Not for mr hightech redneck to use some sort of adapter (rememeber adapter means to adapt to something that the original format was not made to fit to anything else to begin with) to make it work. I would just be cautious while doing so and when you aren't listening to music unplug it to be on the safe side. Also just because something fits doesn't mean that its supposed to be there. Think about the comment you made there bud and relate it to everything in life that might "fit" but doesn't mean its the right thing. That's a bad mentality to have in life

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If anything's improperly installed then you can run the risk of damage. Assuming that the stereo is properly installed there's no reason that "mass amounts of wattage" should be backfeeding via the RCA inputs and I don't see how any other device would be better equipped to handle an improper setup (CD player or not).
    Last edited by takeshi; 04-17-2007 at 12:22 PM.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

For the stereo to send any current down what is a input line, something would have to seriously S***W up in the amp, highly unlikely if not impossible.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its possible I'm not saying he can't do this by any means.I'd just rather not risk my phone even if the risk is small

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

Lets see.. I dont see how a BB can be damaged if it is sending the signal to the stereo.. aka the receiver.. get it? to receive. have you ever heard of a stereo blowing up a pair or headfones? lol and I'm not talking about a blown speaker either..

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A

Stereo's dont back feed headphone jacks.