i can't seem to figure out how to save anything on my SD card unless ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2

user error or SD cards worthless on the 8800?

Advertisement

i can't seem to figure out how to save anything on my SD card unless i attach the BB to my PC. is this normal? i download an email attachment, but there doesn't seem to be an option to save it to the SD card - manually or otherwise. if all the SD slot is good for is loading pictures and music, wtf cares? pointless. this is a bb - not an iphone. BUSINESS comms....not hipster 'ooooo i'm so trendy i sh*t itunes gift cards' phone. really.

but seriously - am i just being a dweeb and missing the obvious.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: user error or SD cards worthless on the 8800?

You would have to change the "save" location. I haven't had any problems on the pearl or the 8800 saving to the memory card

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2

where might one find the 'save' location?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

When you go to save, lets say a ringtone, it gives you the location. There is a folder to the left of that location. Direct it from there to your memory card

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by chaos.theorist
    i download an email attachment, but there doesn't seem to be an option to save it to the SD card - manually or otherwise. if all the SD slot is good for is loading pictures and music, wtf cares? pointless.
    The microSD card is a media card -- see Options->Advanced Options. You can't currently store attachments or other stuff unless you have a third party app designed to make use of the media card for storage. There's no telling if RIM itends to change this down the road or not.

As far as whether it's "worthless" or not that's a subjective matter. Plenty of people find plenty of worth in having media on the card. Of course, YMMV.