Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had my 8800 for 4 days - had 8700 before. I am used ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Publican no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Use Caution with 8800 Holster

Advertisement

I have had my 8800 for 4 days - had 8700 before. I am used to popping the 8700 back into the stock plastic snap holster.

The 8800 has a pretty leather holster with magnetic strap. Unfortunately it also has a big metal "Blackberry" badge on the strap. It appears that when I have gone to holster my BB like the old 8700, forgetting it is a different holster, the metal badge has scratched the face of the 8800. I have several small scratches/dings on the bottom of the front of the unit, and a beautiful inch long scratch on the screen!

Why a company who can build something as beautiful as the 8800 design a holster almost guaranteed to damage the unit in normanl usage?

I don't know if the badge is part of the magnet setup so am leery of removing it.

I suggest that anyone buying the 8800 either buy an aftermarket holster or put black tape over the badge if it can't be removed.

Anyone know if a scratched screen can be repaired or replaced?

jonbost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

Re: Use Caution with 8800 Holster

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I saw a thread on the forums that tells a way to fix some scratches you might look for it.

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

I wanted to post a review of the holster I just got but the site will not let me yet. I am not a spammer. I am using the Seidio Rubberized Swivel Lock Case for the 8800 and love it. I have the version where the 8800 is NOT in a rubber skin.

I will post my review as soon as I am able.

Wow, that didn't work.
    Sorry to all.

I was able to post my user-review. See 8800 section as this case is ONLY for the 8800. I don't want to confuse people as it will not fit other Blackberrys.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

for the scratches... sorry to hear...

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Thanks, I got a small one on my 8703e and have tried other stuff to get rid of it and it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

for the scratches... sorry to hear...
    This stuff is VERY popular with iPods.

Another option would be to check into Plexus. I am not sure how bad your screen is scratched as this (Plexus) may be more of a preventative measure than responsive.

Either way, good luck.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB I use the BB Case that came withe unit and it holds it pretty well. I don't have any scratches or dings on my 8800.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB I use the BB Case that came withe unit and it holds it pretty well. I don't have any scratches or dings on my 8800.

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok ok.. I had the same problem reloading my 8800 in the holster one handedly! Lol.. This may not be the greatest fix but its the simpliest..I have popped the badge off!! And no it is not connected to the magnet..it does leave two tiny holes that I can live with knowing that I will not scratch my screen again.. Peace
    Last edited by 88HUNNIT; 04-12-2007 at 08:15 PM.

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow. The case that comes with the 8800 is great. Its flawless. As a matter of fact, I have a brown AND white one as well. Great accessories. And for the little metal piece on the front, it LOOKS great. Simple, just open it first and slide it in, that'll help from the scratches to begin with.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

I love the case too. I've gotten where I can flip the strap up with my thumb while I slide the phone in with the same hand. I'm very quick at it now...

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

x2....I like it. Don't use it much now though....just pop the phone in my pocket and go.

Quote Originally Posted by nimocone
    I love the case too. I've gotten where I can flip the strap up with my thumb while I slide the phone in with the same hand. I'm very quick at it now...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I hardly use stock holsters or cases anyway except: 1) the OEM pouches that came with the 7100T and 7105T (these also had sleeper magnets in them and it took me FOREVER to figure out how to activate them LOL) and; 2) the Pearl OEM pouch w/flap closure (w/a sleeper magnet in it) I bought from T-Mobile for my Pearl. I usually order custom cases from Fortte.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-13-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast