I'm transferring MP3 podcasts to my BB every morning and using a "high-speed" USB PCI ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tweezak no está en línea Stack level 2

USB Transfer to Media Card SLOOOOW!

Advertisement

I'm transferring MP3 podcasts to my BB every morning and using a "high-speed" USB PCI card (dedicated ports...not shared) and a cable direct to my 8820 (no hub involved) it takes about 10 minutes to transfer 200Mb.

Anyone else have this problem? The card is a Kingston 4G high-capacity micro SD (SDC4/4GB-2ADP).

Thanks.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: USB Transfer to Media Card SLOOOOW!

Hi Tweez
    It is a little slow, the BB is not as fast as a desktop for sure. one thing that may help is once in a while I defrag my memory card.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

I only use a 2gb card and everyone in a while it slow transfers. But pda.teck is right. the bb are not as fast as desktop,laptops. they run on a much slower chip speed for a heldhand. but in comparison i would say if the desktop came down to the size of a bb then i would say bb would win. But there could be differnt reasons why the transfer is slow. Hard to tell at this point why though. Is it an everyday time thing? or just everyonce in awhile? is it just doing it on the mp3s or other files as well?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

sending files to the media card through the BB is usually a lot slower than just using a card reader. I'd try one of those is you can, but it's not nearly as convenient.

I wish I could download the mp3s directly from the website via WIFI...that would probably be faster.

I really don't want to be pulling my back/memory card every morning just to xfer a file. I think I'll have to start doing things in a different sequence when I get up. I'll start the transfer before I put on my shoes and fill my thermos. It's all about multitasking.

So this brings up another issue...is there a way to download mp3s from the web over wireless?

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

well ican tolerate it i have an sd card reader on my laptop that comes in handy a vido dose take longer to transfer as well as audio fils that ar 200 plus i ant a 16 or a 12 gig card 2 my 2 gig is almost completly full

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah, i went ahead and got a sd card reader. a movie would take me like 20-30 minutes straight to my bb, and on the sd card reader it takes 4 or 5 minutes tops!!

might be worth the $25 or so to get one of those....although, the pain of taking out the mc everytime and putting it back in sucks. haha.

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    25 dollars? You can get them on ebay for only a few bucks.

bsteenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Aldie.
    Were you using the normal Windows interface to transfer or the Desktop Manager application. I found the Desktop Manager to be very slow, but using copy/paste in Windows was much better.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    wel th reson it slows i becaus it's convertig files

iam8up no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20673FE5
    Personally I take the Micro SD card and stick it in my laptop. I get the job WAY faster that way...

Here's another weird quirk. I decided to try the Roxio advanced options to downsample the file I was transferring. Well, technically, the sampling was the same but I went from stereo to mono because it was only talk radio anyway. I figured doing this would result in a smaller file. Bzzzzt! Wrong answer. The file ends up larger on my BB not to mention that it took easily twice as long as a straight-up transfer. It's official...Roxio sucks!!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried the media manager once, only once, it was junk. I just drag and drop files, if they need to be converted, I do it in another program then drag and drop.