The usb plug on my 8800 broke off. I'd like to move my password keeper ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miker84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203C4845

USB port broke off, How can I restore?

Advertisement

The usb plug on my 8800 broke off. I'd like to move my password keeper files to my new 8830. I can't use bluetooth on my Desktop Manager because the BES IT policy prevents it. Everything I've read about removing the BES IT policy involves wiping the berry first.

Any ideas other than retyping?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Yeah tell the IT dept the conditions and they'll get the data off via bluetooth. I wouldn't encourage replacing the USB port until the data has been safely preserved.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you have a BES and an IT department, they can pull the data OTA onto the server and restore it back on your new device once it is connected to the BES.

Zo

PIN/ID
    I'm actually not positive that Password Keeper is one of the databases kept on the BES.... I'm not in front of my BES though so I could be wrong.

miker84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203C4845
    IT told me that it isn't kept on the BES. They said I needed to use the Desktop Mgr to back it up. I told them the USB port was broken off and they said "too bad".

PIN/ID
    Can you ask them to temporarily disable the IT policy that disables bluetooth so you can use it instead of the USB? Hehe you can always try and bribe them too...It doesn't make all that much sense for bluetooth to be disabled anyways.....