Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely make sure she is using the USB cable that came in her BB's box.... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Re: USB charging current is not sufficient.

Advertisement

Definitely make sure she is using the USB cable that came in her BB's box.

lolpol69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

You need to update your USB driver. You can update your driver by going to control pannel-->system--->hardware--->device manager---> universal serial bus controller-->USB composite device. right click on the composite device do a update while connected that would resolve your problem.

jerome521 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just go to Windows update and select "custom" and the download the Blackberry driver. That should take care of that . Otherwise, install Desktop Manager which includes the driver.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bright View Post
    Hello,

We have a VP that just received a new Blackberry 8830. When she plugs it into the USB ports in her laptops docking station she receives the following message. "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed..."

Windows XP Pro OS.
    IBM ThinkPad T42 Laptop.

Any ideas?

Kevin
    I use a Y cable (cahrges from 2 USB's) and it works only if I keep my laptop on and turn off my phone, only then it charges! I also run XP on my machine! But I just followed the suggestion by lolpol69 and it works using the standard USB to mini USB cable... Thanks!
    Last edited by tessitori; 06-21-2008 at 12:30 AM.

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Alright, fellow Thinkpadder... I got the same message when I first tried to charge it via USB. I was missing the DRIVER!! Have you installed the Desktop Manager yet?

Also, make sure to disable Power Management in the BIOS (let me know if you need help with doing this) to get rid of a bunch of issues like the hissing noise on Thinkpads.

Back to the Blackberry, and like others have said, always charge your Blackberry when you're in High Performance mode, and make sure that any of your power saving plans don't turn off, or reduce, any power allocated to your USB ports!

Hope this helps.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There is really more to this than originally meets the eye as there are two scenarios that could affect things:

1. Some laptops / desktops provide a couple powered USB ports, and then a couple more that either aren't powered or provide very little power. Therefore, some ports will provide enough current to charge while other's won't.

2. Some computers won't provide power (or will provide very low power) to a USB port unless it knows that the device requires power, or it recognizes the device. Therefore, installing the drivers will help.

Obviously, there are situations where installing the drivers won't help an underpowered port.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I get this scenario all the time with all laptops. Just intall Desktop Manager and you are done! just like projectzero suggested.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    On my old 7105t, I used to get this when I didn't use a blackberry usb. I have a dell Dj that uses the same connection and the computer wouldn't charge let lone sync.

In the newer models 8100 and 8120, I actually use that charging mostly, (dell DJ) because my Wife's T-mobile Wing will not use a Dell DJ to charge, and she lost her charger at work...so she uses my blackberry travel charger...

Markwb9 no está en línea Stack level 1

USB Charger current not sufficient

I may be very late to this subject, but I just experienced the "USB Charger current not sufficient" when connecting my Blackberry to my IBM ThinkPad T60 while in my docking station.
    All three of the Laptop USB ports generated this message. But, plugging in to a USB port on the docking station worked.
    Hope this helps someone in the future.

majo4b no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everybody!

Any idea is appreciated! After upgrading the device software to version 4.5 earlier this week (BlackBerry 8800 with v4.5.0.69 (platform 2.7.0.72)) as proposed by T-Mobile and RIM Germany something has changed with the behaviour when connecting via USB as a mass storage device:

Using a micro-SD card with 2 GB for some months now as a storage for MP3-Files which can be played with my Blue&Me system in my car. This is some kind of Microsoft Windows mobile platform (Automotive) providing playback of MP3-files etc connected via USB. This was never a problem with the previous software. It behaved as it should. Here is an example of what it previously did:

"On your Blackberry device, you may or may not first see a message about insufficient current. It just means you can't charge your Blackberry with that PC USB port. Hit the escape key once (on your Blackberry device). You will be prompted a question : do you want to activate USB Mass Storage Mode. You can answer YES or NO. Answer YES."

The message about insufficient current is important here because the Blue&Me system does not provide the current as proposed by USB-standards. Anyway after clicking this message/warning away the Blue&Me would recognize the mass storage and start playback.

After upgrading to v4.5 there is no warning about current any more and the mass storage can't be recognized. I've checked both components: The B&M works fine with any other USB-devices connected, and the BB works fine with Windows after connecting via USB (presumably because there is enough current!). All standard settings in Options/Media card for enabling mass storage have been tested but without success.

Has anyone encountered a similar behaviour with his (or her) BB and a low current USB-connection? Dows anyone know a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Marcus / Germany

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got a 2nd battery today, and the cradle for it is on its way. Do I still need to "train" the battery?? Charge it for 12 hours, rinse and repeat twice, for example?? lol...

I don't mind. I just want to know where battery technology has arrived and to what extent I need to make sure about longevity and performance in the beginning!

Thanks all!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The way laptops are created is to conserve power, technically when using a laptop that is plugged into the wall outlet, the battery is still the primary source of power and the charger keeps the batter charge full, I would stick with a desktop has constant power all the time, another thing is you don't even want to charge on a laptop the power can fluctuate to much and will shorten the life of you BB battery(its the same as using a car charger is AC based power)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

volodiia no está en línea Stack level 1
    I decide this problem (error "USB charging connect is not sufficient....") for my Blackberry 8820 through install driver!

1. go to url - catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx
    2. Search "Research In Motion BlackBerry Device"
    3. push "add"
    4. push "go to basket"
    5. download
    6. connected telephone
    7. install driver

P.S. Sorri for my english.

smokekit no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have exactly the same problem as Majo4b (a few posts up), only it is happening on my 8130 after v4.5. Used to work fine, now no "insufficient current" message, and no connection. If anyone has figured this out, would love the answer.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by majo4b View Post
    Hi everybody!

Any idea is appreciated! After upgrading the device software to version 4.5 earlier this week (BlackBerry 8800 with v4.5.0.69 (platform 2.7.0.72)) as proposed by T-Mobile and RIM Germany something has changed with the behaviour when connecting via USB as a mass storage device:

Using a micro-SD card with 2 GB for some months now as a storage for MP3-Files which can be played with my Blue&Me system in my car. This is some kind of Microsoft Windows mobile platform (Automotive) providing playback of MP3-files etc connected via USB. This was never a problem with the previous software. It behaved as it should. Here is an example of what it previously did:

"On your Blackberry device, you may or may not first see a message about insufficient current. It just means you can't charge your Blackberry with that PC USB port. Hit the escape key once (on your Blackberry device). You will be prompted a question : do you want to activate USB Mass Storage Mode. You can answer YES or NO. Answer YES."

The message about insufficient current is important here because the Blue&Me system does not provide the current as proposed by USB-standards. Anyway after clicking this message/warning away the Blue&Me would recognize the mass storage and start playback.

After upgrading to v4.5 there is no warning about current any more and the mass storage can't be recognized. I've checked both components: The B&M works fine with any other USB-devices connected, and the BB works fine with Windows after connecting via USB (presumably because there is enough current!). All standard settings in Options/Media card for enabling mass storage have been tested but without success.

Has anyone encountered a similar behaviour with his (or her) BB and a low current USB-connection? Dows anyone know a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Marcus / Germany
    I had a similar issue with our company 8700g. Installing the new Desktop manager solved the problem for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast