Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello, We have a VP that just received a new Blackberry 8830. When she plugs ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Kevin Bright no está en línea Stack level 1

USB charging current is not sufficient.

Advertisement

Hello,

We have a VP that just received a new Blackberry 8830. When she plugs it into the USB ports in her laptops docking station she receives the following message. "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed..."

Windows XP Pro OS.
    IBM ThinkPad T42 Laptop.

Any ideas?

Kevin

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: USB charging current is not sufficient.

it must be closed or in sleep mode when she plugs it in, you will get the same error if you are plugged in and you reboot the machine. If the laptop goes into sleep mode it will cut off power to the USB cable and generate that error message
    Michael

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I think this is more involved with the docking station than sleep mode. You need to plug it directly into the Laptop. Unless there has been an update there has been a problem with docking stations and USB Hubs not being able to power the BB.

It has something to do with upsetpping the charging current from the standard inital USB setting to the on demand setting that smart chargers can do.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

on my pearl I had this message before I installed desktop manager.
    could that be it? is it the same on the 8830?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

catbait no está en línea Stack level 1

I get this sporadically myself and never in sleep mode. I recently bought a USB cradle and I get it on there as well. The only time I have not seen this message is when I use the direct AC-DC charger. The message goes away in about 5 seconds and it usually does charge the 8800, but I recommend having your Veep check their status menu for the battery every once in a while just to be sure the battery is charging when connected via USB.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Install desktop manager 4.2. That should take care of the issue.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

It has nothing (or at least shouldn't) to do with the docking station. The 8830 requires Desktop Manager 4.2 as the previous post stated. I had the same trouble because my company IT guy tried to install 4.0 b/c he had never heard of the 8830. The 8830 needs the new drivers in DM 4.2

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's not your PC's sleep mode -- it's that many PC's will power down USB ports that are deemed unused. You need to have the BB driver (installed by Desktop Manager) in order to keep your PC from powering down the port. It's possible that your particular docking station is the issue but I've never had this problem on a Dell Latitude in a C/Dock2.

burkes no está en línea Stack level 1

We are experiencing the same problem. USB charging is currently not sufficient. This only occurs when the BB (8830) is plugged into the Dell Latitude C docking station and the laptop is booted up. In fact the laptop will not boot at all. All you get is a flashing cursor in the corner of the screen. If you plug the BB in after the laptop boots the BB functions as expected. This is particular to D-600 and D-610 laptops. One other thing I have notice. The power adapters that came with the docking stations for our older D-600 and 610 are a different model than the power adapters that came with the docking stations for our D-620. The D-620 docks do not have this problem. Hmm.... Oh yes we are running the current version of Desktop manager (4.2)
    Last edited by burkes; 08-15-2007 at 04:44 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It's a glitch. I saw this on my Pearl the other day. Disconnected it and reconnected it. Problem went away.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Seen this issue pop up in a few situations,
    1. Using an older or 3rd party cable to connect to a newer Blackberry device
    2. Under or nonpowered USB port, (usually solved by BB desktop manager but not always)
    saw this one once while laptop was running on battery solved by connecting laptop to AC power.
    3. Computer being in a standby or Sleep state

thats my 2 cents.

firewoman69c no está en línea Stack level 1

I recently bought a BB Pearl and I can hook it up no problem to my main computer with desktop manager via USB. I also have an IBM Thinkpad laptop computer and when I hook it up to it, nothing happens. I have the most recent software for desktop manager and my computer just does not detect the BB being plugged into the USB. I understand that sometimes the USB is powered off if it is not used but I know its up and running. I hooked up my old Nokia 5300 to the laptop as well as an mp3 player and not problems there. It just does not detect that I have the BB plugged into the USB. Any suggestions on how to fix this, is it a known issue with IBM and BB to not work together? I did read somewhere that there was one problem with IBM detecting BB devices.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

Don't need to install the desktop manager, just do a windows update, and install the driver for Blackberry device, then you will be fine.

stevelaurie no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok As Stupid As This Sounds I Used The Generic Cable That I Use For Everything Else And Got The "usb Charging Is Curret Is Not Sufficient. Verify...." I Pulled My Hair Out Then As A Last Resort Used The Bb Usb That Came In The Box And This Fixed My Problem, Also Ff Software Showed That The Ff Wasnt Connected Until I Used The Genuine Bb Cable. Weird!!! Bb Pearl 8130 Telus

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I had that come up on my wife's Pearl when I plugged it into her (outdated) computer and I just assumed it was because the port was USB v. 1 but I just ignored the message.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast