My Blackberry has just been rendered useless by some unknown fault, Ive read the threads ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

minitank no está en línea Stack level 2

Urgent H-E-L-P Needed. Roller Ball wont select

Advertisement

My Blackberry has just been rendered useless by some unknown fault, Ive read the threads on cleaning the roller ball, but its not sticky, its moves fine in every direction and presses down as usual, but it simply wont execute the functions that pressing down should. Someone please help. I cant do with out my Blackberry for more than a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a meeting very soon so I cant afford to not have a working phone. please respond as quickly and helpfully as possible!

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: Urgent H-E-L-P Needed. Roller Ball wont select

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try cleaning the ball anyway. U might find that it helps. Also. A battery pull might help also.

I tried a battery pull, almost never got my BB on again because i had to enter the pin and it wouldnt press ok. I had to push down the whole front of the device(keys included) so I wont be doing that again. What type of "alcohol" do i need?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

This has been answered many times. The cause is most likely you carry the BB in pyour pocket and it picks up lint and dirt.

Turn off the BB.

Press and hold the ball and roll it in all directions - up, down, right, left and all around. Take some canned air and spray it around the ball while pressing it down. Turn the BB back on and it should work.

You can also take a q-tip and dip it in alcohol (vodka also works) and clean the ball. This gets rid of dirt and oils that might be on it.

And once it is back, DO NOT carry it in your pocket!

I carry it in my case. at ALL times, as I said, i read the posts on cleaning the roller ball and the issues described didnt seem to relate to mine.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Quote Originally Posted by minitank View Post
    I carry it in my case. at ALL times, as I said, i read the posts on cleaning the roller ball and the issues described didnt seem to relate to mine.

Did you try it? Especially the canned air and cleaning?