Hi everyone, just purchased a 8800 (used) and I want to upload pictures/videos/.mp3 ringtones to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

thenamesian no está en línea Stack level 1

Uploading (any) Files to my 8800

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

just purchased a 8800 (used) and I want to upload pictures/videos/.mp3 ringtones to my BB.

I can't seem to find a way to drag and drop or use the "desktop manager"

there's no option and even when i plug my bb into my computer the removable disk drive "G" says that there is no device connected.

maybe im missing something here? thanks everyone!

also a couple more questions:

can i not have my 8800 ring and vibrate at the same time? when i get a call or txt it only vibrates.

and maybe i need a micro sd card to put stuff on the bb?

and is putting the device in standby mode the equivalent of "locking" the keypad? thanks everyone, i sound like an idiot. the device didnt come with a manual.
    Last edited by thenamesian; 05-02-2008 at 12:36 AM.

jerkl no está en línea Stack level 1

Uploading files to 8800

I think you probably need to enable "mass storage support". Click the options icon select "media card".Mine is set to "auto enable mass storage mode when connected".It comes up as a drive when connected via usb when mass storage is enabled. You can set up your own "ringer" profile by scrolling up to and clicking on the speaker at the top right on the home screen. Select advanced, hit the menu key and create a new profile. There are multiple options for each message type including ring + vibrate.

Robm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I believe that is correct, mass storage needs to be enabled in order to save anything to the card

thenamesian no está en línea Stack level 1
    ahh. i dont have a card! is the card required? and how does the blackberry know what it's in a holster and not? the light sensor? for some reason mine will only ring or vibrate, not both.

p.s. thanks for all the help already

one last thing. cingular users anywhere? what's the price of an unlimited internet data plan going for these days on a BB? i used to have a blackjack and they were charging $50/month!!!

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    You do need a card if you want to load videos, pics, music, and ringtones since you will run out of memory on your device very quickly. In regards to setting your vibrate/ring for in/out of holster, if your 8800 is the same as my 8830 go to profiles>advanced>loud>phone and then you can set your phone for vibrate + ring or either etc...If you are on BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) I believe your unlimited internet plan is the same as what I have on Verizon -$29.99.