Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I upgraded the OS (ATT version) and it went fine except now I have two ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Raywilco no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Upgraded OS now calendar won't sync

Advertisement

I upgraded the OS (ATT version) and it went fine except now I have two calenders (one per e-mail address) and neither syncs with the main on my PC. It goes through the sync process and shows the calender items (number of events - which does not change) but anything entered on the 8820 nor the caleder transfers.
    Any ideas?
    Ray W.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Recheck the calendar sync setup on DM just to make sure you have the sync set the way you want it. What version of DM are you using? 4.6 is a good one!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Upgraded OS now Calendar won't sync

It loaded 4.3 when I upgraded the handset through the ATT link. How would I upgrade just the desktop?

I did check the way it was pointing and it had the calendar that it was supposed to go to - note that I don't sync with my home PC, just the one at work.

Ray

Get it here. It requires a valid phone number. Go to AT&T and select DM 4.6 and go from there.

If you sync at home at all, you might want to set you home p-c to sync FROM your BB TO you p-c just to have a B U of your "work" calendar - just a thought.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Also, here's a good thread that really gets into the use of DM 4.6, plus the download, if you're interested.

Thanks, I downloaded and installed 4.6, but it does not allow you to change the location of the contacts (like the 4.2 did) - am I missing something, or do I need to go with 4.7?

Thanks again, I really appreciate the assist.
    Ray W.

Thumbs down Upgraded OS now Calendar won't sync

Never mind I did find the area to set it, made the changes but again it did not sync the calendar. Should I try 4.7 or something else?

Ray W.

Quote Originally Posted by Raywilco View Post
    Never mind I did find the area to set it, made the changes but again it did not sync the calendar. Should I try 4.7 or something else?

Ray W.
    Ray, I don't know exactly what problem you're having but you should be able to do whatever you need with 4.6. A number of users have had trouble with 4.7 so I wouldn't go to that. I'd try to solve it with what you've got.

I'm certainly not a sync-ing expert but I haven't had these type problems. That's probably why I'm having trouble answering your question(s). If you can give a little more specific detail of what steps you're taking and what results you're getting, I or someone will should be better able to help you.

What is happening/not happening is that when I enter a calendar event on either the 8820 or in my Outlook calendar they do not "Sync"/transfer to one another like they used to do. So now I have to enter on both, vs having them do it.

Ray

Ray, Since you're working with it, have you tried to set the sync to go from either Outlook to the phone only OR the phone to Outlook only and sync one way to see if that works?

I know this is very frustrating for you - this stuff ought to work...and usually does in my experience!

I tried both ways - neither worked. Might try to take out battery and reset and see what that does, that is about all I can think of.

Thanks,
    Ray

I don't know of anything either - I'm sorry! Post back if the reboot changes the status. If not, I'll see if I can find some help.

Did not work - re-booted the BB and re-synced but did not work.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Raywilco View Post
    Did not work - re-booted the BB and re-synced but did not work.
    Ray
    Let me see if we can get another though in on this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ray,

On your device, go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Make sure the CICAL (Calendar) Setting (and the CMIME setting, too while you're at it) are set to the the e-mail/calendar you're wanting to sync with in Outlook.

Cheers,
    Roger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast