I have been playing with the idea of upgrading to a BB8800, I'm currently using ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD

upgrade question

Advertisement

I have been playing with the idea of upgrading to a BB8800, I'm currently using a BB713c. Should I wait for the 8820? Is the only difference between the 8800 and 8820 just going to be WiFi?

Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: upgrade question

Im pretty sure thats the only difference. If wifi isnt important to you then just get the 8800, or the 8300.

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD

Thanks! I'll probably do that. Any draw backs about getting one off ebay?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

The only caution I would have on the ebay thing is check the sellers feedback. There have been a lot of people that bought an "unlocked" phone only to find out it wasn't unlocked and didn't work with their carrier. Also, if the phone had an IT policy on it then that would have to be removed as well. it can be done but not the simplest thing to do.

Just be sure to check the seller feedback, make sure they have sold BB's before with positive feedback and you should be ok.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by rathompson
    I have been playing with the idea of upgrading to a BB8800, I'm currently using a BB713c. Should I wait for the 8820? Is the only difference between the 8800 and 8820 just going to be WiFi?
    It's a personal judgement call. If you need/want WiFi then yes. WiFi's the major difference between the two models.
    Quote Originally Posted by rathompson
    Thanks! I'll probably do that. Any draw backs about getting one off ebay?
    It's like buying anything off ebay. Plus, there's the subsidy lock and IT policy issues that ffmike mentioned. However, either of those can easily be addressed/resolved even without the seller's assistance. The really annoying and bothersome issue is if the device has an associated BIS account set up by the former owner. It's difficult to get a carrier to delete the account without the former owner's assistance. The matter is made worse if the former owner's carrier is a company that you don't have an account with as carriers are pretty reluctant to assist non-customers.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-01-2007 at 11:30 AM.