Hey Guys, I updated the OS to 4.5 on my 8820, but the medical dictionary ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mark986 no está en línea Stack level 2

Updated OS 4.5

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

I updated the OS to 4.5 on my 8820, but the medical dictionary I had on there needs to be installed again for it to work for some reason. Problem is I'm using my SIM card which is a PrePaid one therefore I can't download data on the Blackberry.

I did backup everything before the OS update (but I have a feeling I'm still screwed). Any ideas how to get the program to work again or do I have to wait to get my other SIM card back?

Thanks!

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I believe you can add medical terms through the Desktop Manager applications part. Check it out.

No luck. I can see the application icon, but it needs to connect to the internet to redownload everything.

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I am confused on exactly where you are looking. I am talking about desktop manager, which is the application on your computer. Install the newest Desktop Manager (you can find links here on Pinstack), connect your phone to your computer with the provided USB cable. Go to add new applications (I think that is what it is called, I am at work right now so I can't be certain). In there is a big tree of everything that is currently on your blackberry, or has been on your BB in the recent future. Under one of these boxes is the option to select languages on your phone. You should first un-select all languages you don't need. Under English, there are some sub-boxes. There you should be able to find Medical Terms, Lawyer Terms??, Financial Terms??, etc... Hopefully that will help you.

Oh, specifically I'm trying to get my medication dicationary to work again. Sorry about that.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    if you know someone who has a data plan put their sim in your device and download it again
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Yea, I was thinking of just going to the AT&T store.

[Edit] Hmm.. I managed to get it to download & install.
    Last edited by mark986; 08-24-2008 at 01:31 AM.

singk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2437547A
    Quote Originally Posted by mark986 View Post
    No luck. I can see the application icon, but it needs to connect to the internet to redownload everything.
    8820 has a WiFi capability, can you configured it to utilize your WiFi connection for internet and give it a try that way?