Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi guys i am lost! i baught an unlocked BB 8800 in germany and braught ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

muinz no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help for BB8800

Advertisement

Hi guys

i am lost! i baught an unlocked BB 8800 in germany and braught it after du Dubai, the phone works i can receive and make calls, and sms, but i cant get the browser or set up an e-mail account!!!
    Etisalat told me, the device will not work bec. i did not baught it from them directly!!

Help please

speed42006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Need help for BB8800

Quote Originally Posted by muinz
    Hi guys

i am lost! i baught an unlocked BB 8800 in germany and braught it after du Dubai, the phone works i can receive and make calls, and sms, but i cant get the browser or set up an e-mail account!!!
    Etisalat told me, the device will not work bec. i did not baught it from them directly!!

Help please
    I had same problem and had to call rogers .. they asked me to remove batt while I was on the phone with them and once its reboot they sent me some msg and registration on network , after it was registared on their network and worked as i bought from here .. never had problem after but they had to register on network ..
    Should be same for you ..

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Unlock Code for Blackberry 8800 on cingular?????

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ any speculations about the new "global" 8830 for Verizon? My question is: if you "unlock" (since it has GSM) could you use it on another US GSM carrier? They say you can only use their GSM network while traveling over seas. Speculation? Thoughts? Knowledge?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

They say you can only user is overseas because it doesn't support US GSM frequencies (read the specs).

I'm sure it's also set up to only roam on GSM when CDMA isn't available.

bobsmsg no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm interested in unlocking 8830 (Verizon) for international travel. Love Verizon domestic service, but want to use VIP SIM card in Croatia for $.40 per minute instead of Vodafone at $2 per minute. Will this phone use a SIM card, and will the GSM portion be unlockable or is this a stupid question? Verizon is pretty unhelpful and says that if I manage to unlock the phone it will no longer be supported by Verizon.

Bob

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~first of all the unlock instructions posted above have a major error the code you enter when you get to the sim menu is MEPD not MPED as posted above. The second code is MEP2 not MPE2. Second I feel stupid for all the questions I asked about unlocking my BB. The reason I could not see a pop up screen to enter my unlock code is because was already unlocked. I bought it on ebay and the seller did not know that

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'm not sure anyone even has an 8830 yet to verify.

Galldrian no está en línea Stack level 1

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with how to generate the unlock code for my 8800... It was simple to get to the prompt to enter the code, but the code that was listed earlier in this thread didn't work (as I assumed), so I'm hoping someone here can help me generate the one needed for my 8800.

Thanks

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

they are unique to your phone, you will have to go to a unlock service or call your service provider for it. takes a couple of days to get it .
    Michael

Galldrian no está en línea Stack level 1

Would anyone care to recommend an unlock service? Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Michael

Bonfiasco no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got mine unlocked today. Paid $20 to cellular locksmith co from ebay. The only thing that inconvenience me was the instructions given was wrong.

5. Type MEPD
    6. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPD

number 6 is wrong. It doesn't work. The correct one is to type MPE2. That's M-P-E-"2".

Thank god for this forum or I would have been steaming.

needunlock no está en línea Awaiting email verification

OK - I am a little stumped.

I have my unlock code - went through the instructions, and with my cingular sim in the phone, it works fine. Under Options>Advanced Options > SIM card - it says "security disabled" next to the SIM Card line. Under that, presumably, it has the SIM card ID.

Here is where I am stumped. I put in a T-Mobile SIM card, and the phone won't regonize the SIM card. It says SIM card invalid. The Network will read T-Mobile, but on the radio it says SOS.

My question is - is my blackberry unlocked or do I have to do something else?

Thanks!

homer2568 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any idea on unlocking the 8830?

tcoopii no está en línea Stack level 1

i need some help

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast