Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by MedicalNerd When you unlock your phone; which is a CDMA version with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Unlock Code for Blackberry 8800 on cingular?????

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalNerd
    When you unlock your phone; which is a CDMA version with Verizon allows you to take it to a carrier such as Sprint who supports the CDMA network. You would gain the ability to use it also in Japan since they are CDMA too. That is about all that you will be able to do when you unlock the phone.
    Since there are not many CDMA carriers your choices are slim.
    If you were intrested in changing your carriers you would have the ability to take you handset with you.
    This is not exactly true. CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint will most likely not let you use a device from another network on their network. Also, they are not locked like GSM phones.

For GSM phones, such as Cingular and T-Mobile, once you unlock your phone, you'd then be able to use it on any other GSM carrier with their (other carrier) SIM card.

Guynewking no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC2149
    Guys lets just keep it simp for the people who dont quite understand the concept. That was the whole point....remember.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Subsidy locks are placed on GSM devices -- not CDMA. The CDMA carriers have other ways of restricting what devices can be used with their network and really they don't use SIM cards so "unlocking" isn't even relevant to CDMA devices.

You always have two choices when it comes to unlocking: 1) Carrier of the device or 2) an unlocking service. Not all carriers will provide subsidy unlock codes for their devices and some charge quite a bit for the code. Cingular and TMO will provide unlock codes for free to customers who have been with them for 90 days or more. IIRC they will also provide the code if you paid full price and provide proof of purchase with your request.

There are really no "pros and cons" to consider. If you want to use your device with another GSM carrier you have to unlock it. Unlocked devices tend to have higher resale value.

shotgunJ no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

etcetera no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nimocone
    You don't even have to be devious (but that is fun). I just emailed Cingular's customer support with my IMEI number in the same email. All I did was inquire about getting the phone unlocked and 48 hours later I got the unlock code. Suprised me because I thought they were going to have me contact them via phone or something. They did it without asking me anything.
    I heard unlocking voids any warranty on the device. Is this true???

etcetera no está en línea Stack level 1

You don't even have to be devious (but that is fun). I just emailed Cingular's customer support with my IMEI number in the same email. All I did was inquire about getting the phone unlocked and 48 hours later I got the unlock code. Suprised me because I thought they were going to have me contact them via phone or something. They did it without asking me anything.
    Would you share that cingular email with us?

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Go to this page: http://www.cingular.com/about/contact-us/contact-us.jsp Then log in your account and shoot them an email. Since it's the weekend they probably won't respond until Monday or Tuesday.

paresh1506 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Unlock Code for Blackberry 8800 on cingular?????

Hi Guys ... not sure if this is true for all blackberry 8800 models, but these are the instructions I got from Cingular customer care rep to unlock my blackberry 8800 ...

1. Turn ur ph off and then on

2. Turn off all the services, like radio, data services, bluetooth

3. Go to Menu>Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card> Disable the Sim Card

4. Type mped (u shud see some more options come on to the screen)

5. Type mpe2

6. Screen shud show a small window to type in the code

7. The code I was given was: 1531477676517008

8. Press ENTER key on the keypad (not sure if pressing the track ball wud do the same thing)

9. If the screen shows in a window "Code Accepted", you are good to go ... Congrats, ur blackberry is now UNLOCKED ...

NOTE: Before I was given these instructions, I was told by the customer service rep that these instructions may or may not unlock my phone, so if they dont, he wud give me different set of instructions ... but it worked for me ...

I was not asked to provide my IMEI #, not sure that was coz they already had it in their system or the process above does not require the IMEI info.

Hope you guys are lucky ... Good Luck ... mail me at paresh1506@gmail.com if u have any questions.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by etcetera
    I heard unlocking voids any warranty on the device. Is this true???
    You'll have to verify this with your carrier since they provide warranty service for you. It shouldn't void the warranty but who knows... carriers will try to get out of being liable for whatever they can get away with it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by paresh1506
    Hi Guys ... not sure if this is true for all blackberry 8800 models, but these are the instructions I got from Cingular customer care rep to unlock my blackberry 8800
    The process is the same for all BB's. The keypresses differ a bit on SureType devices because you're in MultiTap mode but the steps are the same. Unlock codes are IMEI-specific.

huige mobile no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2041F2F9

i want to know where can unlock the blackberry 8707 vodafone (HongKongsmartone)

I search google many times,but not find.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Google "unlock 8700 blackberry" and the top viewed sites pop up. It's up to you at this point. There are plenty of sites but prices may differ
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maddog088 no está en línea Stack level 1

This is what I did and it worked like a charm. It did however take them 3-5 business days to get back to me with the code. But they give you a block of instructions on the procedure and your unlock code. Just shoot them an email.

hidea no está en línea Stack level 1

would this work on a Rogers phone?!

maddog088 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats a good question. I have no idea, try shooting them an email, it works with Cingular.

maaxen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F647AD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'd say that most unlock their phones to use them with another carrier - when I go to the UK, I get a prepaid sim and I still have all my contact info and its cheaper than Cingy's international roaming plan for BB. It can also allow the user to manipulate certain aspects of the phone which may be diasabled by the carrier, while others may want to change the branding. I'm not sure the latter is possible on a BB.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast