Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by darryl71 hmm... I thought the ALX file referenced a net_rim_theme file. Each ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Re: Unlock ALLL Vendor Codes

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71
    hmm... I thought the ALX file referenced a net_rim_theme file. Each vendor naturally has a numbered file. In the Chinese OS, I didn't have files for those other vendor files.... Does it depend on the OS install which files are pre-included??
    Are you using an 8800? All the OS's out there including Cingular, Rogers, and T-Mobile have them all listed but the Bell, Verizon, and Sprint can not be loaded.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

actually I am using the 8700, but the way that they are unlocked is the same. You are right, those vendor files may not be included in the 8700 software files : (

crazydude no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhojr
    If anyone is attempting this with a Rogers BB, the vendor code is 107. I have unlocked all of them and as mentioned above the Bell, Verizon and Sprint will not load up. Which kinda sucks because Verizon has a nice theme.
    havent tried os 4.2 but i believe that the .alx file is an instruction of what the loader should do. If you look in the java folder there is .cod files.the theme files are net_rim_theme_XXX_320x240.cod (XXX for vendor's id) check and see if you have net_rim_theme_104_320x240.cod & net_rim_theme_105_320x240.cod for sprint and verizon respectively.
    if no that 's why you cant get the themes. Meaning the themes for them were not included in that release
    Last edited by crazydude; 05-01-2007 at 03:21 PM.

88HUNNIT no está en línea Stack level 2

Im so lost.. lol. Can somebody explain how to unlock the vendor codes? (from the beginning) Is this done on the BB or desktop? thanks in advance.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

You have to download the handheld software not desktop manager to your PC then follow the list of directions from a previous post such as go the blackberry shared folder find the alx file open it with wordpad change all vendor codes to your vendor code from your post you looking in the wrong area of the alx file you opened. Refer back to the step by step instructions and go the section in "red" where the vendor three number codes are located and again change them to yours save the file and run app loader and you should get your new themes.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

folks...you do not have to change vendor codes...just remove all vender codes. You will find that on the postings as well. btw...even thought the verizon and sptint net_rim_themes are included and appear on your theme list, you can not open them on the 8800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12