When I try to conect to certain websites that require a username, and password - ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Unknown Key Store Password?

Advertisement

When I try to conect to certain websites that require a username, and password - (B of A, Ebay, etc.) I get a BB promp that says I'm attempting to open a secure location, but the server's certificate is not trusted. If I do choose to trust the location, it then asks me to choose a new key store password. It won't accept any password I put in. This is a replacement BB that I picked up on eBay, and I did contact the previous owner to try and get a password, which they said they didn't remember even putting one in. I've wiped the phone, restored it back to factory specs, and this thing still pops up....I know. It's a mess.
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Have u tried going to the advanced options and clearing out the key stores manually via the desktop manager and also what happends when you go to on ur berry 1: options 2: security setting 3: key stores does it ask for you to make a new one or does it bring a screen up hope this helps and let me know what ya see in the key store area on ur berry
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I can't find the advanced options area on my desktop manager? And the BB security settings on the BB just ask me if I want to reset the password. (it requiers an old one first, which I don't know)
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    ive been reading on this for sometime now heres some steps that may or may not work, but for the key store its a cert issue mainly seems like the previous buyer was set to bes or an exchange email forwarding but try this if possible

1.Totally back up your Blackberry using Desktop Manager
    2.Disconnect your blackberry from your pc
    3.Do a complete wipe from the phone itself not the Desktop Manager
    4.When your blackberry boots back up let it run through
    5.When its fully up on your Berry go to Options, Security Settings, then Key store
    6.Go ahead and set a password for it and disable it if not needed
    7.Then Reload your latest backup

Hopefully this helps if not we will go from there
    RedCurv07

Cool, and thanks! I did the reset, and I was able to store a new password..I'm still getting the following message on certain websites.." attempting to open a secure location, but the server's certificate is not trusted."..... Then, I have to enter my new password if I accept. Is the any way to disable this from poping up?
    Last edited by HedBanger; 05-05-2009 at 03:17 AM.

PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    You should be able to disable it from the 1 options 2 security settings 3 key store should have a option in there to disable it and I'm glad that it worked for ya
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by Schirripal; 05-04-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Problem solved! Thanks again!

gerardopg no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi Schirripal,
    do you what happen when you apply a Wipe Handheld? I mean, what happen with the GSM service, internet services, the BIS accounts, my pictures in my memory card, etc.

I hopes you can help me. Thanks.