Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Based on my conversations with a couple of guys running the unlock services I attempted ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: "Unable to find unlock code"

Advertisement

Based on my conversations with a couple of guys running the unlock services I attempted to use, it appears they have access to insiders at the phone company and at RIM who help them locate the unlock code. Don't quote me on that. Just a sneaky suspicion. Why would the phone companies release this information voluntarily to certain folks. Best wishes.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, I've started the process again. I bought an 8300 on eBay ($200), which is locked to AT&T. I received it yesterday and it looks and works great. Last night, I started the process again and "purchased" an unlock code ($13.99, on eBay). I'm using one of the same companies I used before; although neither service could unlock the other 8800, I received a refund from both of them.

I"m waiting for my unlock code now, but will post back when I find out how it goes.

Best wishes. I hope it works this time. Just for giggles, you or your friend should call AT&T to see if you can get them to unlock the phone. If you can get through, they are the sure thing.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just received my code!!! My new Curve is now unlocked and I'm using it on T-Mobile right now. Not only that, but after I inserted my SIM and turned it on, it automatically registered the Blackberry with the T-Mobile Network and sent my phone most of the service books. The only thing I had to manually do was log in to the T-Mobile site, on my PC, and click "email". When it went to the next page, it had already identified by Curve and asked me if I wanted to change Blackberrys (identifying them by PIN). I clicked yes and I was done.

My 8300 looks new, came with the charger, USB cable and a good battery....all for $200. Not a bad buy on eBay.

Congratulations! Good to hear you are up and running.enjoy your Curve. I am liking my 8800 very much. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fdjordan no está en línea Stack level 2

I just wanted to confirm your theory about the availability of codes. I've been in the unlocking business for several years. If it is not found by one company, it is extremely unlikely it will be found by another.
    Davey Jordan
    Bionic Wireless
    www.BionicWirelessOnline.com

Yes, that is what I was told by the providers I worked with when I was trying to unlock an AT&T 8800. However, for more dollars, I was told he could call RIM to access their database. I ended up gettin the code from AT&T for free 2 days later. Was he telling me the truth or pulling my leg?. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12