Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've read on TomTom forums that the 8100 works when you have the 4.2.1.** versions ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Unable to connect TomTom 910 to Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

I've read on TomTom forums that the 8100 works when you have the 4.2.1.** versions on your Pearl. So for now it is either wait, or use the buggy 4.2.1.66 OS.

But for some reason I can not get my entire phonebook to transfer to my TT... only the first 2 entries go over.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

oh well I just manually edited the contacts.txt file to add the rest of the list... in case anyone else has that problem
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

mcaram16 no está en línea Stack level 2

I got it to connect to the 8800 but i have a few questions. It says that there is a trial for 1 month, is that true if your using your phone provider for data? also, i have the unlimited data for BB, will i be charged any other fee from cingular. For instance, does it use the unlimited BB data or does it use data as if i was using the phone as a modem for my computer??

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

Tmo would be same as modem since the settings are the same and thats part of the same data plan.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

i got the bluetooth to connect to voice on the tt910, but cant get data to connect to my bb8300 curve.

i've tried both manual configs:

Even if you get the APN settings from Cingular, which *should* still be -- APN. wap.cingular (lowercase);
    USERNAME. WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    (UPPER CASE); PASSWORD: CINGULAR1 (UPPERCASE) -- you may find your BES admin(s) are restricting that feature.

1. APN "wap.cingular"
    2. username <leave it blank>
    3. password <leave it blank>
    4. Dial confidguration string= at+cgdcont=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular”
    5. Dial number = *99#
    has anyone gotten it to work???

bill.barrick no está en línea Stack level 1

I've got an 8800G and have gotten a bit further (not all the way yet) by renaming my Blackberry device to a string without spaces and making it discoverable (do this in the Options:Bluetooth). then following fondoo's instructions after selecting 8100 options. The TomTom says I'm on. Now I have to subscribe to something and see if it works. bb

ok. i'm up and running on TomTom-subscribed traffic. in addition to the things i did i posted in my last message i used the BB to discover the TomTom (which didn't work) and then used the TomTom to discover the BB which did. HOWEVER, it was actually bqlawrence's advice on configuration above that worked for T-mobile, not fondoo's. btw--at one point it asked for the dial string and i put in "wap.voicestream.com" but when it displayed settings before confirming it displayed something different. i backspaced over it and put in wap.voicestream.com again. As I said, it's up and working. Anyone who'd like to replicate I'm sure the folks in this thread would appreciate your experience. Anyone who wants to turn the whole thing into a procedure would be truly appreciated. I think the reason Blackberry is not officially supported is not because it cannot be paired--it's because it's not simple and TomTom and BB don't want to support it. Patience rewards. bb

ReneBonvanie no está en línea Stack level 1

I must have been really lucky, because here's what happened when I tried to connect my BB 8800 (AT&T/Cingular) to my TomTom 920T: I got the bluetooth working immediately without any issues. And next, for internet access, I fired up the connection wizard on the TomTom, said "other" when asked for the phone type, it said it saw a BB 8800, and when asked for country I said US, and for provider Cingular Mediaworks (which I had ages ago but I believed it was the best of all choices). And voila - I was connected. It has been working flawlessly for weeks even after rebooting the BB 8800 twice for reasons beyond this post.

devonian no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by controlbb View Post
    OK so I was able to get my BB8800 connected to the TT 910. I added the phone selected other when the list of phones came up. Clicked on USA then clicked on Cingular Wireless (MediaNET) not Cingular Wireless. It connected and now I am able to get traffic updates. Thanks all for your help.
    This worked for me. I have AT&T service (formerly Cingular). Don't want the traffic updates but can get the (free) weather info.

Thumbs up Updated Blackberry 8800 T-mobile Data Services Configuration

Danger Will Robinson! After updating my BB OS a couple nights ago I had to configure the data services again. The UI for data services has changed (unnecessarily) so that helped add to the confusion. This is what worked with help from davidburden.com/blog/index.php/2007/04/24/tomtom-910-running-plus-services-via-blackberry-pearl-at-last/

Select Blackberry 8800 and the USA option. When it comes to the connection type (T-Mobile (I), (II), (III), etc) you can click the manual button to create this from scratch.

The APN should be wap.voicestream.com
    Username: {keep this blank}
    Password: {keep this blank}
    Select Automatic for both the IP/DHCP and DNS server option
    Dial: *99#
    Login script: +cgdcont=1,”IP”,”wap.voicestream.com”
    I had several errors as it tried to connect repeatedly, then it seemed to clear its throat and work. Will post if further problems.

If anyone has experience setting up a 8820 please share. They did something to the Bluetooth stack when they added the 802.11 and it isn't behaving as expected.

HUNNEN no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hii.
    Love Online Friend and Lady..
    I Search for my 'Blackberry 9000 an 8100 pearl free Actifation tomtom Navigation Download
    Thanks you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12