Hello all, I am taking a trip to london in a month or so and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

miamitreo no está en línea Stack level 2

uk sim card and number

Advertisement

Hello all, I am taking a trip to london in a month or so and I wanted to find out if I can order a sim card and receive it in the States with a number assigned? Is it less expensive to just wait and buy it in london? What companies are recommended?

Thanks in advance...

Sutarkoen no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: uk sim card and number

Quote Originally Posted by miamitreo
    Hello all, I am taking a trip to london in a month or so and I wanted to find out if I can order a sim card and receive it in the States with a number assigned? Is it less expensive to just wait and buy it in london? What companies are recommended?

Thanks in advance...
    You could try to order online from retailers such as www.carphonewarehouse.co.uk who sell all of the UK pay as you go networks.

Is your 'berry locked, though? May have troubles inserting a foreign SIM if it is.

Generally for a pay as you go SIM though, you get around the same price online as you would in a store, this is from real experience, by the way having worked in mobile retail for over two and a half years

Si

thanks, will check out the link....

I am a little confused as to the pricing on calls back to the U.S. Help me out here. Which is the best deal including the cost of the sim card and calls to UK landlines and mobiles, as well as a few calls to the US? Thanks in advance.. Also not a big deal to wait till I get to london to buy.....