Hi Guys, I'm just curious to see whether anyone else is having this problem. I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Two 8800's Crashing On Received MMS Message

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I'm just curious to see whether anyone else is having this problem. I had one 8800 that always caused an "App Error 523 - Reset" when receiving MMS messages. ***Note this only occurred when the device was LOCKED. I got a replacement from Rogers and exact same thing. I know I can prevent this by blocking MMS messages at the firewall or not locking my phone. I don't really want to loose out on the functionality but I may have to.

Has anyone else came across this problem? Its really annoying cause you have to do a usb-wipe and reinstall OS when this happens. I have tried multiple versions of BlackBerry OS/Applications including the newest version. This also happens on a fresh install with no third part apps installed.

Thanks,

Kieran

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Two 8800's Crashing On Received MMS Message

go into you mms settings. make sure you dont have checked reject any messages. then check confirm delivery and read. and do a test tell someone you know to send you an mms message. if this doesnt work make sure you have a service book for the mms. do this by going into options advanced, service books, see if you see anything with mms. if not call your carrier customer support and tell them to resend all your service books to you. and see how that works for you. there could of been a problem when upgrading the os. sometimes not all service books are recieved. check it out lemme know if it helped at all

PIN/ID

Re: Two 8800's Crashing On Received MMS Message

I have contacted RIM, ALL 8800 series have this bug including the newest firmware for all carriers. They have been able to produce this error on the 8800,8820, and 8830. Note certain conditions have to be met for this to occur some of which include content protection being enable.

PIN/ID
    This has only been the case on the rogers network but has been fixed in all 4.5 releases.