I have cingular 8800 on BES. I have audible books on my media card as ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gpc
    gpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Turn off audio when getting a call

Advertisement

I have cingular 8800 on BES. I have audible books on my media card as well as music. When I get an incoming call when listening to an audible book, I can barely hear incoming call as the audible book does not shut down even when I use my seidio adaptor to answer call. It does come thru the bb speaker while the phone is ringing but once I answer it is back thru the earpieces same as the phone call. The people I am talking to say they can hear me fine and they don't hear the audible book at all.

When listening to music thru media player that came on bb8800, and I get a phone call and I press the seidio adaptor button and the music is paused until I finish the call and when I end the call the music comes back.

Since I save the audible in a different file on media card, (per audible instructions) I was wondering if this had something to do with it.

If no simple cure, how do I hot key it so I can just touch a couple of keys and get from the incoming call back to audible book where I can pause the book and take my call without the book blaring in the background. Half the time I cut the caller off trying to pause the book.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

By the way, got my new seidio adaptor in and it is really great. Nice stereo and excelent sound thru basic earpieces.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Turn off audio when getting a call

tell your callers to hold a sec. hit the back button, a menu will appear asking to keep call and proceed to home screen hit yes, that should be what you need then hit the app and pause.
    try it and let us know
    that's how the pearl is. should be the same
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me

also you could set up one of the side keys to your audio books program, hitting this will prompt the same menu with one less stroke and would be faster as you could hit it while telling callers to hold on. just trying to help ya
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

gpc

Thanks very much for your reply. I have been doing exactly what you outlined however it takes almost 10 seconds to complete and get back to call. Also easy for me to hit the wrong key while driving which is where I usually am listening to book when I get a phone call. Main problem is reopening audible to pause it takes several seconds and then the book has to come back up and then have to hit pause. I was hoping that someone might be able to advise of a shortcut where I could get back to book and pause quicker and with fewer key strokes. It seems that anytime I am in a book the BB is much slower and especially if I am answering a call, but emailing is also slightly slower when I have a book playing at same time. Sure, it is simply just multiple apps slowing things down.

Shouldn't be anything but ecstatic as I have waited so long to be able to have a device that would allow me to listen to audible, play music, answer phone and email and now I have all this and more with gps and google maps which has really been impressive and still I want it faster and while on my wish I want a tower closer to my home. lol.

gpc

Not sure I understand what you mean by one of my side keys to audible?

PIN/ID
    ask me

the shortcut keys on the sides, go options>screen/keyboard then set the right or left convenience keys to what you want.
    make more sense?
    does audible run a diff app or media player?

gpc

Only have one convenience key on my 8800. If I hit it quickly then it is set for contacts and if I hold it down for 3 or 4 secs then call log opens up. I could set for audible to open possibly on the first one instead of contacts. The audible books run on the audible media player which is different than standard media on 8800.

gpc

Media player for music pauses music automatically when call comes in and goes back to music when call is finished.

PIN/ID
    ask me

sounds like you have a solution in mind, sorry bout the confusion, I forgot the 8800 only has one key 100% my bad.
    let us know if this needs any further investigation.
    We help out as best we can!

thats why I was wondering about the audible player, a convenience key is you best bet.
    unless, in the options for the audible player it gives you some sort of set up?