Hey! I bought a 8800 in the US from T-Mobile and had it unlocked by ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pc8800 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Trouble with Name/Number display on my 8800..Help!

Advertisement

Hey! I bought a 8800 in the US from T-Mobile and had it unlocked by them as well. I use it in Australia/ India now. I'm having an issue with how the names and numbers show up on it.

Basically, lets say I store a number of Mr Q on the phone as +61401xxxxxx, when that person calls, the name doesn't show up. The number shows up as 0401xxxxxx. The name does not display, just the number..so I don't know who's calling even though their number is saved on my phone. That doesn't happen with the regular cell phones like a sony, nokia, etc.

Is there anyway to fix this? I really want to use the phone coz its fantastic otherwise. But its really hard with this issue going on. So i'm currently using an old sony phone but would like to switch back to bb asap.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Have you set the proper Country Code in the Phone Options?

Go into the Phone app, Click the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the Trackball), and select Options --> Smart Dialing and set your Country Code.

Of course, your Address Book Entries need to have the correct Country Code as well.

I don't have any experience with this, so it may not work, but definitely worth a try!
    JerryD

pc8800 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Jerry! I think that fixed it. Thanks heaps!