Hi! I have a new 8800 but have trouble sending (via bluetooth from my Mac) ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sanjayg no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble sending files via bluetooth from my Mac

Advertisement

Hi!

I have a new 8800 but have trouble sending (via bluetooth from my Mac) mp3 music files that are 2minutes or longer. However I can send and receive mp3's that are under 2minutes. I can't figure out if it has got to do something with the lack of internal memory or only a limited of data at once is allowed to be transferred via bluetooth. Straight away when I try to send a longer mp3 file, the transfer bar on my 8800 shows "Transfer Failed". I haven't got a memory card, as my 8800 is BRAND NEW and should have alot of free space. Can Anyone help me resolve this problem as I would love to receive a FULL MUSIC TRACK, rather than HALF of it.

THANKS!

jonbost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

Re: Trouble sending files via bluetooth from my Mac

If I remember right it is actually a limitation on the size of file that can be transfered to internal memory. I think it is something like 2.8 mb or something like that.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Best is just connect the device with your desktop manager to transfer files.....

But is there any way I can increase the internal limit, and send it via bluetooth?? Thanks

Hi People! I found the solution on another forum on this site. You have to go to the Media Folder.....Than to Ringtones......Than to Device Memory.....Than press the menu button and scroll down to options, and then you can increase the limit from there!!!

Sorry People!! Okay so I increased my limit to 12MB to 15MB.....But the mp3 file I want to send is only 4.5MB, AND it still says TRANSFER FAILED. PLEASE tell me how to get this file on my 8800 via bluetooth???