Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From What I Read On Palm Website In Regards To The 750 And The Supposed ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Treo 750 vs BB 8800

Advertisement

From What I Read On Palm Website In Regards To The 750 And The Supposed 8800 Specs It Looks Like From A Technical Point Of View The 8800 Is Somewhat Comparable To The 750 But What Is Really A Better Device?

Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

leonallen no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Treo 750 vs BB 8800

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i heard that the Treo 750 was the option for window mobile on it. So if u want better intergration go with the Treo. But me I would prefer the 8800 because once u go blackberry u don't go back.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    From What I Read On Palm Website In Regards To The 750 And The Supposed 8800 Specs It Looks Like From A Technical Point Of View The 8800 Is Somewhat Comparable To The 750 But What Is Really A Better Device?

I support both BB and WM5 devices and would have to say from that point of view we get less problems with BB's and they are easier fixed/explained. I like the fact my windows mobile device gives me more media type possiblity out of the box, but for purely business use my BB wins everytime.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

hmmm- good question-
    Send me an 8800 and a Treo and I will let you know how the Berry smashes up the Treo

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    hmmm- good question-
    Send me an 8800 and a Treo and I will let you know how the Berry smashes up the Treo
    hehe that was what i was trying to say...

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

BB8800 all the way!!!!

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

Until such time that BB incorporate Windows Applications and make their devices universal, mobile phones such as the Treo, XDA etc. will have that edge. Can a BB run Excel, Access, Word or Tomeraider? Not yet and this is what I find annoying about BB.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by anthony
    Until such time that BB incorporate Windows Applications and make their devices universal, mobile phones such as the Treo, XDA etc. will have that edge. Can a BB run Excel, Access, Word or Tomeraider? Not yet and this is what I find annoying about BB.
    That is a good point- but I see it like this- BB does what it does VERY well. email, phone, organize. Whereas PPC is just does everything sorta kind okay, when it feels like doing it okay.

B@Zz no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had bought almost every palm on the market for nearly 6 years, last summer I bought my first wm5 a qtek 9100. Last i bought my first bb, and finally for the first time im happy, i think ill go back to any palmos or wm5. Now i have a totally connected device plus for hard work i connect the bb to my brand new vaio ux 280p.

B@Zz no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had bought almost every palm on the market for nearly 6 years, last summer I bought my first wm5 a qtek 9100. Last i bought my first bb, and finally for the first time im happy, i think ill go back to any palmos or wm5. Now i have a totally connected device plus for hard work i connect the bb to my brand new vaio ux 280p.

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

Well, as an avid Palm user, the Treo device on paper is very good but:

- quality control has been all over the place, especially with their keyboards
    - I want less windows in my life and will crawl through broken glass and diry diapers to use a non-windows device, so, I will never use th 750
    - If you work for a company that has exchange and wants to take on the WM5 push email component, than I would think WM5 would be compelling, however, most people I know either a) don't have an IT department that wants to take WM5 on and b) if they have wireless data devices already, they are likely using BES

Now, if you are not a server attached user (BIS):

At some point G3/HSDPA will be real and the simulteanous voice/data traffic will work. If it does reliably, then the blackberry edge is gone. But as it stands, the 750 doesn't offer anything new and the BB devices win.

To digress a moment.........

Right now, the problem with WM5 and Palm OS devices is they can't sync email reliably (among other things) so, if the network technology improves, than a non-BB device becomes viable.

Right now, I am not using:

WM5 because frankly, the OS swells up and gets bogged down over time and I just don't want a windows device

Palm because their OS old and broken. Bluetooth runs as an application in the background and is just a crappy experience, the breadth of 3rd party app's makes the unit unstable, the unit is prone to crashing. Now if they relase the Linux version of the OS this year and they have a device that uses HSPDA and the quality control is better than I might go back to Palm.
    But given they are focusing on backward compatibility I believe that Palm OS based devices are doomed.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I wouldn't rely on paper specs to make such a decision. They could change 10 times (and have already) before the product goes on sale. I want to try it out first.

Given my past history with Treo, I would never go that route, but that is another story.

Once they come out and we can see and touch and play with them, maybe then we can make an inteligent decision.

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

When I had my 750 - I felt like an automotive tech punching customer info for an oil change - not to mention the numerous times my chin disconnected whomever I was talking to.

I am addicted to my bb - as for my 750, I wanted to put treble hooks on it and use the device as a fishing lure. I agree with "leonallen" - once u go bb, you don't go back.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I really don't know which device out of the 2 is better but out of them I would go with the BB 8800 just because i have a pearl and love it and bb's are just alot funner to me. So i guess its just your opinion but what do i know? Have fun making this difficult decision.

COJO 24

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

1. Specs on paper don't mean squat except to geeks that obsess over them. Real world performance is what matters.
    2. There's no such thing as "better". Everyone has different needs. For some, the Treo 750 will be a better choice. For others, the 8800 will be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    That is a good point- but I see it like this- BB does what it does VERY well. email, phone, organize. Whereas PPC is just does everything sorta kind okay, when it feels like doing it okay.
    That's my take. To make another analogy, I'd rather have a reliable car than one with nicer features that spends all its time in the shop... However, as I said, everyone's needs and preferences are different. Some people have better luck with the Treos or don't mind dealing with the various issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast