I need help. I've had my blackberry for about a month, and have yet to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Headrbell no está en línea Stack level 1

Transferring music/photos from PC to Blackberry 8800?

Advertisement

I need help. I've had my blackberry for about a month, and have yet to figure out how to put music on my blackberry. I have the cable and downloading the software for it. On the Roxio program I put music on it but when I try to move music to my blackberry it always says "not enough space on disk". But I dont' have anything on my blackberry so I don't know how I don't have enough room on it. Does that mean I have to have an SD card to put music on my blackberry? I should have some room on my blackberry to put music on it, or so I thought. This blackberry has been nothing but confusing. If anyone can make sense of all of this, it would be alot of help. Thanks.

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Transferring music/photos from PC to Blackberry 8800?

I do believe that a microSD card is needed to keep external files on your BB.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Hello Headrbell! Welcome to the Stacks! I totally agree with BBaholic. You would need an SD card to be able to store your media files. Enjoy your stay.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

So even though I'm supposed to have 64 MB of memory I still have to have a SD card to put music on it?
    Is that why is always says 'not enough room on disk' when I dont have anything on my blackberry?

Tesshin no está en línea Stack level 2

The 64MB of memory is for the OS, Contacts, Calender etc... For your Music and Pictures you need a memory card in the BB and then you connect it to your PC and enable the Mass Storage. Then it'll pop up as a drive on your PC for you to drag and drop files in to the corosponding folder i.e. Pictures, Music...

BBaholic no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

I know I placed items on the BB before I got my micro sd. 64mb is not a lot of room for music.

yea its not alot of room. But thanks for the help. Blackberry and Cingular/ATT didn't really help me out any, but ya'll did. That explains alot.