Hi everyone, I am trying to transfer some pdf and word docs from my computer ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Transfering files from PC to 8800

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I am trying to transfer some pdf and word docs from my computer to my blackberry to be used as attachments when sending emails from handheld. I have enabled mass storage mode support, created a new folder in the media icon called forms which I unable to see along with the with the files that I transferred in there! So in explorer I attempted to create a folder within the picture folder called form with all the documents in there and still I cannot see it. I Am missing something but I cannot figure out what exactly! Any help is greatly appreciated.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Transfering files from PC to 8800

Unfortunately, you won't be able to see them, because there is no true file directory on the BB. You can verify they are there by creating an email, and selecting the "Attach File" option from the menu. You should be able to move to any directory on the media card or Device Memory.

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi-

It is probably not working because you still have your device connected after the transfer. You can't view media files on the SD card while the mass storage is being accessed by your computer.

Transfer the files to the folder and then you have to disconnect the device from the computer. Do a USB stop to disconnect the device to make sure you do it cleanly.

Then try to find the folder in the media card and attach the file.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by miltw3; 03-02-2008 at 10:32 PM.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

dynoplex e office's efile can see the pdfs in the SD card throu efiles broeser thathsyour best bet

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to see them, because there is no true file directory on the BB. You can verify they are there by creating an email, and selecting the "Attach File" option from the menu. You should be able to move to any directory on the media card or Device Memory.
    I was able to attached the file/s to an email even though they do NOT appear in the folder where I did place them.
    Thanks for the head's-up! Is there a way to create a new folder fro PDF's or is a third party software the only way around this?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    dynoplex e office's efile can see the pdfs in the SD card throu efiles broeser thathsyour best bet
    I will look into this and see if this is what I am looking for.
    Last edited by tessitori; 03-02-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

www.dynoplex.com they sell office for $99.00 a key BUT when you buy an process the key they give you an account on their site that allows you to swap the key to what ever single device pin you input. the key also works on newer versions of the software as well as older ones i have uses the same key on 3 different devices for 3 years. SO your getting your moneys worth.

eoffice pro gets you s spell chaece epsell eword and ecell and efile.efile also acts as a 2 wayblack box file converter too. I swear by it since at my last job i used ecell every day. Trust me eword definatly beats typing leters on notes
    Last edited by galvatron; 03-02-2008 at 11:11 PM.