Each time I try to select by pushing in the track ball it puts theletters ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jeffslalom no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Selector Issue?

Advertisement

Each time I try to select by pushing in the track ball it puts theletters uo on the screen, and to hit the 0 it places yi on the screen?? I have taken the battery out to reset with no luck?

Thanks,
    Jeff

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

Re: Trackball Selector Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffslalom
    Each time I try to select by pushing in the track ball it puts theletters uo on the screen, and to hit the 0 it places yi on the screen?? I have taken the battery out to reset with no luck?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    What are you trying to select?

Trying to select anything? if I push in the track ball while dialing it places the letters there.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

i havent really heard of anything like this before but ill venture a couple guesses.

has anything new been installed on the device by IT?

also, although it sounds like a warranty issue, i want to say try a battery pull. that seems to work for a lot of things. if you have a DM sync it with the DM and check out the applications you have on the device. one could be messing it up.

you might also want to consider cleaning the trackball. if none of these attempts work, i say call and get an exchange.

boiseguy83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405956B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when u are in the dial screen and u push the trackball the last number dialed pops up other wise u need to hold down alt and then move the trackball.

I have tried the battery pull, and the only thing that has been downloaded to it is the white list, Blacklist software, but that was a month or so ago. I have contacted warranty exchange and they will be sending a replacement, was just hoping to not have to go through that.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

try pressing the alt key and hold it down while pressing the ball. did you try a device backup..then wipe the device and restore your backup

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Yeah i would say to try reloading the OS from the destop manager and see if that helps. If not call your provider and get an exchange.

chrmar no está en línea Stack level 1

I have exextly the same problem! pls tell me if you found a solution!

chrmar no está en línea Stack level 1

i just found a solution, don't ask me how! i i just moved the firts two programs in my program list (which where deactivated) to the end...and now it works again...strange!

SEcpt no está en línea Stack level 1

I moved allmost all my applications and I still can't use the back, sym, 0 or the trackball press keys.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

again, it is likely an application on your bb that is causing this. if possible, unintall each app and reinstall them one by one until you figure which is the culprit.

CHUCKATL no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new here so be gentle. I first had an issue with the track ball select button opening the phone dial screen and placing letters in the dial diologue box. I did the battery pull thing about ten times to fix it. Everything was fine for a couple of months but now I can't use my back button or select function on the track ball. I reinstalled the OS once following the intructions in "how to reinstall os when....

it worked the second time and my trackball is back in action. the only thing I did different than the post above the second time is add -f after -usb wipe and went back again and wiped a second time and added -a.

The fact is I now have to gothrough the enterprise activation AGAIN so I can get my companies email.

Chuckatl

briangwalker no está en línea Stack level 1

ChuckATL, I now have the same problem, not trackball select, back and 0, which makes dialing certain numbers impossible uless they are in your address book. I've had to revert back to my 7290, which looks like a Sherman Tank compared to the 8800. This happened once before but it cleared itself up for a few weeks.

bartkol no está en línea Stack level 1

i posted a possible solution in the 8800 forum entitled "buttons_typing_instead_doing_default_tasks"