Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I've only had mine a few days, but I'm noticing one thing that's starting to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Legion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7AADD

Re: trackball issues from the pearl

Advertisement

I've only had mine a few days, but I'm noticing one thing that's starting to concern me; let me just ask this:

What is the material the trackball is made of? I'm noticing that mine's starting to get a mildly "lumpy" feel when I roll it, and it's starting to take more pressure to select items with it.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Legion, the trackball is made of textured plastic, I doubt if you have grit in the trackball after just a few days use ??

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...trackball.html

Legion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7AADD

No, what I'm worried about is that I may have deformed it somehow by applying too much pressure when selecting. If this is the case, does RiM or any third-party vendor sell replacement trackballs?

dchevalier no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24 View Post
    There is a way to clean the trackball rollers which are inside the actual trackball unit. These rollers tend to have dirt and dust collect on them over time and it is possible to clean them to make the rollers actually pick up movement from the ball. I'm suprised to see that you sold your pearl because of this problem when it was possible to clean after only about 30 minutes of work. Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

Hope this helps someone in the future,

COJO 24
    How does one clean the 8100 trackball. I have now gone through 3 phones. The trackball just moves straight up and down and not the the right. I have to reset the battery everyday. The other two phones all did the same.

urs_dhaval no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: trackball issues from the pearl

hiiii
    i have problem of trackball so pls tell me the staps to clean it

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24 View Post
    There is a way to clean the trackball rollers which are inside the actual trackball unit. These rollers tend to have dirt and dust collect on them over time and it is possible to clean them to make the rollers actually pick up movement from the ball. I'm suprised to see that you sold your pearl because of this problem when it was possible to clean after only about 30 minutes of work. Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

Hope this helps someone in the future,

COJO 24

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

Has anyone had any trouble with the spring wearing out? My pearl feels like the pearl sits lower than it used too.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tigerballa13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine too! The ball just sits lower than it did when I first got it. It bugs me! Help..~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aezachritz no está en línea Stack level 1
    How can I remove and clean the trackball in my 8820? Its got a tan-ish, dirty tinge to it (and its pretty new) but I can see the bright LED around the edges. Help! Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123