Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love my pearl, all of it.... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05

Re: trackball issues from the pearl

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love my pearl, all of it.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

i clean mine whenever it looks like a weird color so it wont actually gather too much dirt that it wont work anymore. so just clean everyday! lol much like the 'battery pull' every day or two to keep things working wonderfully and what not. i love my pearl! <3

jclif no está en línea Device Pro

Ive sold alot of Pearls and have only had to exchange out two of them due to trackball issues.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

Hope this helps someone in the future,

COJO 24
    Can we get the link for cleaning the pearl? I'm sure alot of users would like the info for the future in case this happens to them.

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Some guys out here might love to type on the suretype but personally i wrote in 3 different languages and many times use abreviations and slang terms in different languages this makes teaching suretype a chore way too large for me.once i went full keyboard i will never look back.had a pearl sold that thing after 2 days use.I hate suretype.keypad layout,id rather have iTap or T9.when it comes to the trackball Blackberry and the click are as synonymous as ice cream and cake why would they need to get rid of it to make there fones thinner as many have said the motorola Q is thinner than 8700 maybe as thin as 8800 why cant they do the same? That thin excuse sounds like a bunch os marketing BS.if the wheel is not coming back and they dont fix the trackball issues on the 8800 i feel i will probably wind up sticking with 8700 till they fix it.just my long .02 cents

tazcalvin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec3c50

well i know this is not a realted issue here. but i just do not like trackballs
    'clicking' moment. of course i love trackball but when i press the ball, it is
    just unpleasant. it kinda gives me creep that its gona stuck or something.
    well just thought..

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ToY9CiTo
    ...why would they need to get rid of it to make there fones thinner as many have said the motorola Q is thinner than 8700 maybe as thin as 8800 why cant they do the same? That thin excuse sounds like a bunch os marketing BS.
    Meh -- it's one of those parroted phrases (happens all the times on forum sites). Someone got that as an explanation and it has been passed on and on without verification. RIM might have felt that they needed to switch to the ball to make the Blackberry thinner but as you've mentioned there are plenty of other thin devices equipped with wheels.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

My personal opinion is they got rid of the trackball to help support left handed users, as well as those ridiculous "lawsuits" that were creeping up for "blackberry thumb"
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Alpinestars no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a way to clean the trackball rollers which are inside the actual trackball unit. These rollers tend to have dirt and dust collect on them over time and it is possible to clean them to make the rollers actually pick up movement from the ball. I'm suprised to see that you sold your pearl because of this problem when it was possible to clean after only about 30 minutes of work. Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

COJO 24
    I'd really like that link!! Please!

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Re: trackball issues from the pearl

There is a way to clean the trackball rollers which are inside the actual trackball unit. These rollers tend to have dirt and dust collect on them over time and it is possible to clean them to make the rollers actually pick up movement from the ball. I'm suprised to see that you sold your pearl because of this problem when it was possible to clean after only about 30 minutes of work. Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

COJO 24
    I'd like to know how, if you'd either post the link, or email it to me. On a related subject, can the rollerball be tightened? That is, can a rollerball like mine that has a little too much jiggle/wiggle be made less jiggly/wiggly?

bleachout no está en línea Stack level 1

COJO 24
    I'd really appreciate the link to the guide on how to clean the 8100 scroll wheel. Thanks!

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Ive had the pearl and i havent had any problems, i do use a dust cleaner or blower about once a week tho im not sure how much of an impact it has

tonmed123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Did anybody ever get the link on cleaning the trackball?

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

I wear glasses and found out, quite by accident, that by using the pre packaged eye glass wipes I get at Sam’s Club (damp with a little alcohol); I keep my pearl in great shape. Including the Ball.

I have BSE protection on my Pearl and these wipes keep the whole device shinny and new.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast