Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've used the pearl for almost two consecutive months without switching to my 8700. I've ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

trackball issues from the pearl

Advertisement

I've used the pearl for almost two consecutive months without switching to my 8700. I've noticed that the trackball gets very dirty and gets very gritty. Many times, I found myself unable to use the trackball successfully because it wouldn't scroll.

This issue has almost scared me away from the 8800. I ended up selling my pearl because of this issue.

Unless this issue is taken care of with the 8800, which I don't see how it could...

I will stick with the 8700 until the next release.

Something to think about...

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: trackball issues from the pearl

There is a way to clean the trackball rollers which are inside the actual trackball unit. These rollers tend to have dirt and dust collect on them over time and it is possible to clean them to make the rollers actually pick up movement from the ball. I'm suprised to see that you sold your pearl because of this problem when it was possible to clean after only about 30 minutes of work. Well that was your decision but if any of you other stackers have this same problem then feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a link to a step by step guide to how this can be done.

Hope this helps someone in the future,

COJO 24

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I dont think there will be any more bb's with a clickwheel. the pearl enables rim to come out with smaller/thinner phones, which seems to be the trend in the cellphone market these days.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i personnaly have never had an issue with my trackball (yet). I was really concerned about this at first because I work in landscape supply and so my hands (and every thing else) gets prety dirty. However, I have not had any problems so far.
    Has anyone else had any problems with their pearls trackball?

TMOLydia no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E73420

Where did you keep your Blacberry Pearl? Did you ever consider a case or something? I have had mine 3 months and have had no problems with the trackball. I am on mine all the time minus the times I'm in Customer Care or sleeping

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Well, I'm not going to sit around for 30 mintues to clean a trackball. However COJO, I appreciate your offer as well as your response.

I ended up selling the pearl because of many reasons, one being this issue with the pearl getting gritty. I mean it got to the point where it wouldn't scroll at all. Also, I am about 6'1 and I have hands big enough to wrap my index finger around an 8700 and touch my phone... a little too big for the pearl. I enjoyed the suretype, and became faster at typing on there than with the 8700.

I am interested to see the new 8800 or 8900 because of the thickness (or thinness lol) of this new phone.

I know this sounds picky, but I have fallen in love with the plastic holster for the 8700. I hope to see something similar withe the 8800. I was very disappointed with the carrying cases for the pearl. I bought the tmobile carrying case but I didn't like the pouch style. I wanted a plastic holster.

I am a fan of the trackball as I certainly believe it makes the phone thinner, and it becomes annoying to click the trackwheel twice to access options...

I'm just not sold on the 8800 as easily as some of the berriers around here...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

garfer03 no está en línea Stack level 1

i cant quite pm members yet, but i wout like a cleaning guide for the ball on the 8100.

King Machete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE83AF

King Machete no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DE83AF

I love the trackball on my 8100, and I love my 8100, didn't think I would because I was so used to typing on the sidekick 3, but I'm happy I made the switch.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i had the same problem thats why i have a 7130e i have better things to do then take 30 min to clean a phone when no other phone requires me to do that.

Dieselis no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't have any problems with my trackball. As a matter of fact I remember reading that the trackball worked with some kind of magnet and not rollers. I could be wrong but I really remember reading that and going ahead with my purchase thinking dust and dirt won't be as big a problem.

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

Any time grit or something gets on my trackball, I kind hold the pearl still and then scrap it off. The end. Heh.

I absolutely LOVE suretype. I'm in love with that little keyboard.

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

the motorola q has a trackwheel and it is much thinner than the 8700

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I can't believe that the trackball isn't optical. I mean, didn't we learn long ago that mechanical mice and trackballs end up unusable due to dirt??

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its all about blackberry!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast