can someone tell me if i have to reset the phone or take it to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

geenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32cbb762

track ball moving in all directions except down

Advertisement

can someone tell me if i have to reset the phone or take it to get fix due to the trackball moving only side to side and up!!!! can someone help

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: track ball moving in all directions except down

just need to clean it... probably pocket lint...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html
    Last edited by synik103; 10-07-2007 at 07:28 PM.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Turn off the BB. Press and hold down the ball and move it in all directions. That should dislodge whatever it is.

You can also use a Q-tip dipped in alcohol to clean the ball.

Also, don't carry the BB in your pocket. Use a case.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Dubdub is correct this usually works when this happens to mine

perdicea no está en línea Stack level 1

This same problem happend to me today. I followed the instructions and removed the ball and cleaned it and now it works fine. I carry mine in my pocket all the time as I'd rather do that then carry it in the holster which I find uncomfortable. Next time it happens I know what to do. Thanks for all the help this board has to offer.

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The holster does 2 things. It keeps pocket lint and dust out, and saves battery life of your BB. Not to mention protecting it from the change and/or keys you accidentally put into that same pocket. It is worth using the holster to save you from the aggravation. IMHO.

nlasassin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The holster does 2 things. It keeps pocket lint and dust out, and saves battery life of your BB. Not to mention protecting it from the change and/or keys you accidentally put into that same pocket. It is worth using the holster to save you from the aggravation. IMHO.

How does it save on battery life? Unless you are wearing lead lined pants and it is having trouble getting reception. I cant really determine what you are referring to.

andresp no está en línea Stack level 1

"...lead lined pants..."

The original holsters have a magnet that shuts off the display immediately when you insert your blackberry into them. Otherwise the screen will stay on until a programed delay.

Display backlights are THE serious battery drain on blackberries (besides wifi of course).

BTW, I had a bb8800 that experienced the same symptoms with trackball. An air pressure duster did the job but unly for a while. At the end I had to replace the unit under warranty.

BTW, unlike touchscreen abled pdas, the Blackberry pretty much becomes useless if you loose trackball control. Some menus are not accessible no matter what shortcuts you use.
    Last edited by andresp; 10-14-2007 at 06:22 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by nlasassin
    How does it save on battery life? Unless you are wearing lead lined pants and it is having trouble getting reception. I cant really determine what you are referring to.

Holsters and cases have a magnet that puts your BB inyo sleep mode. That is how it saves your battery and how it keeps lint out of your Trackball.

I do strongly recommend getting a case though if you carry it in your pockets. Eventually the Q-tip method and taking it a part will get tedious. You also risk breaking something when you take it apart. Just my 2 cents

nlasassin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317D6DD7

Oh now that makes sense. I wasnt sure because my 8830 is my first blackberry.. Now I understand.. Thanks to the 2 people that responded..

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2

I highly recommed a case. I hate using a holster but the case is just fine and it does not make the unit much bigger.