Hello, Can you change the icons on the today screen to something like tasks...... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Jag1650 no está en línea Stack level 1

Today Icons

Advertisement

Hello, Can you change the icons on the today screen to something like tasks...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Today Icons

Welcome to PinStack Jaq.

Do you mean for one of the Default Themes or with a Theme Builder Today Base Theme? If the former, I don't think it can be done. If the latter you have to do it in the "Theme the Home Screen" Section of the Inspecter in the Theme Builder.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Hello Jag1650 and welcome to the Stacks! Are you trying to simply move your icons displayed on your today screen or do as Rcbjr indicates above? Let us know if that answers your question so we can further assist you. and if we can assist you with anything else with your BB.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 08-15-2007 at 11:17 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Hi, thank you for responding so quickly. I did not mean to change the today screen, only the icons. I do not have a need for call log and i wanted to replace it with tasks. Can i do that?

ywolpin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319F5313

Hi.
    If I understand correctly, all you have to do is highlight the icon on the home scree, push the menu button & highlight either move, or hide. Move it to where you like. If you want to hide it, make sure that after you check hide, uncheck "Show All"

thats a great tip and I didn't know that so thank you, I have the main screen set to the Today screen so it shows my schedule and my upcoming events. I would like to change the icons on that screen.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

That's what I thought you meant Jag. Let us know if you need further help with this but as ywolpin said that is the correct way to move your icons.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If i understand, and I'm confused because you use the word Icons and Changing what show on the Today Screen. I'm pretty sure that there is no menu option to Hide or Move the three items shown on the default or Vendor Today Home screens. When I select the Dimension Today them I have four topics listed Messages, Calendar, Call Log and Applications. I can't do anything with them. If I press the Menu button, I get a screen with all my application icons. Looks like a compact Icon Home Screen.

I know you can create custom Today Themes using the Plazmic Theme Builder version 4.2.2 and set what topics you want shown on the Today screen, including tasks.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Wow, i've been trying to download the theme builder all night.. i have to download a bunch of versions of jde. first.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You only need the correct version of the Sun SDK, the BlackBerry JDE, the HandHeld Simulator, the MDS simulators and the Plazmic CDK.

Be patient and you will enjoy creating your own themes. And one suggestion, go slowly to start. Don't try to change everything on your first theme.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~