Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you like it? Do you think the build quality is any better than the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

To thos of you with the 8820

Advertisement

Do you like it? Do you think the build quality is any better than the 8800, or the 8310? I've been thinking about it. But I'm not sure. Don't want to go through 3 of them before I'm satisfied. So, please post some of your likes and dislikes about it. I'm eager to hear.
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can't say that I have any dislikes with my 8820. I moved up from an 8800 that I really enjoyed also. It just happens not long ago I tried an 8310 for about 8 days and it just made me really miss my 8800 so I took it back to AT&T got a 8820 and there was no looking back. I don't care for cameras on BBs or any other phone. To me it just cheapens the entire experience. Some people complain about the close keys on the qwerty keyboard, but, you get used to it in no time. I type just as well on my 8820 as anyone does with a curve or pearl. If you don't mind shelling out a little extra money go for the 8820 instead of the 8800. Both have GPS but the 8820 has wifi that come in handy at times. If there is one thing I would change about my 8820(black) is that I would make it the same color as the 8800 (dark navy blue). There are a lot of curve fanatics here but I would take my 8820 over a curve on any day.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I have the Red 8830 from Verizon and aside from not having a camera which I rarely ever used on any of my other phones, I've had no complaints. It's obviously bigger than the Curve or the Pearl but that really doesn't bother me. I don't have any problem with the closer keys as others have complained about. When I had the Pearl I had no problem with the Suretype. My advice is get the phone and you have a couple of weeks to play around with it and if you don't like it you can always return it.

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Thats true. Im just sick of the creaky creaky.. Both my 8310 and 8830 have had the creaks. And Ive had complaints on the other end. At the moment Im using the 8800 I stole from my sister. And to be honest, It had creaks too. But since it was an older device. I decided to do some modifications to it. So, its up in the air for me. Do I shell out the bucks and get one, or just stick with this one. Heres a note that I might mention in another thread, What happened to the build quality? Ive had a berry for a while, and the latest and greatest have been a bit twitchy. Just wish my ol' 8700 had media support.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've never had any "creaks" with any BBs I have owned. I'm not sure why you have been unfortunate in that aspect.

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    i prefer the 83xx to the 8830. size, comfort, I dont care about the camera its just personal preference. They feel they are built about the same though.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I've never had any "creaks" with any BBs I have owned. I'm not sure why you have been unfortunate in that aspect.

Do a search for creaky siderails... You'll see what im talking about. There have been plenty of us, with issues. And NO im not rough on my devices. They stay in their cases unless im using them. I havent dropped or really abused a phone in a while. I see no sense in being rough on them.In the long run, you pay for it.
    So, dont get me wrong, Im not "Berry Bashin'", Just asking a question...

To be honest, I really prefer the Blue housing, on the 8800 too...Its all nice and "Schparkley" . Just dont want to get into trouble with what my mods are.
    One of these days, Ill do a write up. All it takes is the screwdrivers, and some electrical tape...

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    8820 all otterboxed up, like my pearl before it, its never let me down~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I tried the otterbox forthe curve, and it made it harder for my to type. But, I like the indestructable feel of the device being inside. I'm gonna think about it morem. Just wanted everyones input. Here's another question. I've read some reports of the 8820's wifi having issues with certain routers, do any of you have a linksys router? And jave you had issues?via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F
    imho, i prefer my 8820 to my 8310 anytime of the day.
    it just feels solid in the hand. the fact that its a little bit thinner works better in my pocket with my wallet also
    all my 8xxx series berries have had some form of squeaks but nothing that drives me insane.
    the dust issue on the curve does drive me insane tho.

bing111 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by bing111 View Post
    Thank you
    It just makes me feel kinda like a sucker for pretty technology. Or, you can think of it like; RIM is trying to break your addiction, by making you not want to look at the screen. So, maybe they are doing us a favor by not correcting the issue.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use both the 8820 and 8310 no problems. They both are in an OtterBox, no problems typing. Does add bulk to the units. I have not had any problems with creaky/squeaks on side rails. The 8820 has no problems connecting to my Linksys WRT54N router as long as the MAC and SSID are entered correct. Also if on a secure network the encryption key has to be entered correct.
    I would rather have the 8700 but as someone else said no media card.
    The 8310 is more of a toy for me.
    My two cents.

PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I like the 8310 in an otterbox. Makes it easier to handle. Just didnt like the dust... One thing the box did, was mask the noise. I'll probably go back to the curve. I like the camera, and when the new OS comes out, it will rock. I just have to think about a way to keep the dust out.

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I own both the 8820 and the 8310.
    I've always prefered the design of the 88xx series over the 83xx series. However, I prefer to use the 8310 because of it's multimedia capabilites i.e. 3.5mm headset jack; 2mp camera. The wifi on the 8820 is great for when I'm sitting in Panera Bread or on campus. And I also prefer the black color scheme over the titanium but, as I've stated the 8310 wins this battle, in my personal opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast