from the website specs "Capture and play back short video clips." is this an error? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

benway no está en línea Stack level 2

tmo 8800 video specs ?

Advertisement

from the website specs

"Capture and play back short video clips."

is this an error?

also no gps listed ?

thanks
    Last edited by benway; 04-23-2007 at 12:18 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: tmo 8800 video specs ?

Capture? I'm not sure how an 8800 would do that.

The TMO 8800 should be identical to the Cingular 8800 (an 8800 is an 8800).

Nels no está en línea Stack level 2

Here is a quote from the RIM and T-Mobile press release:

Operating on T-Mobile's EDGE network, the quad-band BlackBerry 8800 offers T-Mobile's myFaves(i) experience to easily stay in touch with those who matter most, and incorporates built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) to support location-based applications. BlackBerry Maps is included, which provides on-screen driving directions with the ability to track the route via the GPS, and also makes it easy for customers to generate a map directly from their BlackBerry Address Book.

marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=241669

Add www to the front, I'm not allowed to post URLs yet.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Cut/Paste from the features of the 8800 on the tmo website. Has to be a typo. But we'll have to wait until tomorrow when someone gets theirs!!! Look about 2/3 of the way down! "Capture and play back short video clips"

FEATURES:
    Send and receive messages from corporate and Internet accounts.
    With the built-in keypad, you can type messages easily.
    Surf the Web with this convenient HTML browser.
    Lose the wires and keep your hands free for more important things – Bluetooth lets you connect your phone to your headset or computer wirelessly.
    Use this phone in any of the countries where T-Mobile provides GPRS service.
    Add more memory for multimedia files, data, and more.
    Full-color display makes games, wallpaper, and everything else more fun.
    Put down the phone and keep talking with a convenient speakerphone.
    Get unlimited any-network calling to any 5 people with a myFaves plan.
    Wirelessly synchronize the calendar on your phone with the one in Outlook on your desktop.
    MP3 and AAC
    Call numbers in your phone book with the touch of a button.
    Capture and play back short video clips.
    Keep track of appointments and even set reminders to make sure you're on time.
    A handy way to check your figures.
    Talk to two people at the same time.
    The quick, quiet way to stay connected.
    Set an alarm to wake up, leave for an appointment, or take a break.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

I saw that too and went looking everywhere for the answer....still unable to find it

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Exactly the same device as AT&T's 8800. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. T-Mobile notoriously advertise false specs...
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Exactly the same device as AT&T's 8800. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. T-Mobile notoriously advertise false specs...
    So, what you're saying is the Tmo 8800 will PLAYBACK short video clips, but will not CAPTURE video. Tmo probably meant to say the 8800 will STORE and PLAYBACK short video clips.

The fact that Tmo completely left off the GPS capability on the spec sheet (or was unsure of its initial viability/reliability on their system), means that, yes... Tmo screws up the specs in data sheets.

Geeze... half their staff had to run off and ask a supervisor about GPS when customers asked today, and the answers were a definite yes/no/maybe!

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    So, what you're saying is the Tmo 8800 will PLAYBACK short video clips, but will not CAPTURE video. Tmo probably meant to say the 8800 will STORE and PLAYBACK short video clips.

The fact that Tmo completely left off the GPS capability on the spec sheet (or was unsure of its initial viability/reliability on their system), means that, yes... Tmo screws up the specs in data sheets.

Geeze... half their staff had to run off and ask a supervisor about GPS when customers asked today, and the answers were a definite yes/no/maybe!
    Yep, video playback and GPS just like the AT&T version. Exactly the same device. I wouldn't say just short clips, I mean a friend of mine carries the whole first season of Battlestar Galactica on his microSD card and watches it on his 8800. I think he used the BlackBerry video converter program to keep file size under control though.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

An 8800 is an 8800. If there are more or less features (not including what is disabled by the carrier) then you're looking at a different model. In other words, if TMO's 8800 was missing GPS hardware it wouldn't be an 8800. If a camera was added for video capture, it wouldn't be an 8800. And so on...

shaunski no está en línea Stack level 1

why does my formatted micro sd on my 8800 (tmobile) when playing movies on the default media player stop when playing video? I used the BB Video Creator program downloaded free from some site (google should have direct). So, the conversion to the screen size should be auto, right? if it's not the res size, what causes the media player to stop? I get 5 sec, then zilch...someone help....pin=24037d27 ...thank you for any and all help...