Got it yesterday and I have run into a few problems. This is my firds ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

benway no está en línea Stack level 2

Tmo 8800 problems

Advertisement

Got it yesterday and I have run into a few problems. This is my firds BB, so apologies if these are "operator error'

When I got it, they had forgotten to add the BB service, so I had data connection refused or sthing. I called Tmo and they sent service books and I got a rash of sms from them. I was able to set up a bb email address and receieved email.

However I also got a T ZOnes browser-- no BB Browser. and no internet connectivity.

the GPS works-- I can acquire satellites and get a fix but it wont download any maps.

I called Tech again and they sent more books and had me add wap.voicestream.com

no change.

called again and got a 3 rd set of books sent-- which gave me the BB browser, and was told that it may take 24-48hrs for my account to work.

this morning, i have very slow connectivity [I have EDGE showing] and the maps still arent loading

any help much appreciated

thanks

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Tmo 8800 problems

You only get one browser icon on your BB but it will serve as up to all three browsers. To switch browsers, go into the browser, bring up the Go To screen, hit the Menu button and choose Change Browser. If the browser you need isn't listed then you're missing service books. How the service books are resent depend on which on you're missing. I'd suggest calling TMO data support if you're missing the Internet Browser or T-Zones. For the Blackberry Browser you'd have to contact your BES admin (it's only available to BES users).

For maps, I'd try another GPS app if you've been trying BBMaps. BBMaps doesn't work very well IMO so it may just be the app.

benway no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks for the reply

I am on BIS

I now have the BB browser and T Zones

I do not have very good internet connectivity, the pages are loading extremely slowly on EDGE

BB maps is not loading at all.

EDIT

well it all just started working! didn't do anything

thanks
    Last edited by benway; 04-25-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

It does take some time for the BB to start working when TMO provisions them for BB service. I have found that TMO takes longer than the other providers to get the BB Data service working correctly on new handsets, YMMV.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown