Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

No thumbwheel Some have said the trackball is easier but how? Any feedback? I use ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Question Thumbwheel vs. Trackball??

Advertisement

No thumbwheel Some have said the trackball is easier but how? Any feedback? I use the thumbwheel very efficiently with one hand. Any votes for the trackball? I would really miss the thumbwheel! Although this device looks just wonderful!! It is easy to stay in love with Blackberry

Thanks in advance!
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Thumbwheel vs. Trackball??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I really missed the trackwheel when I switched to the pearl. I kept trying to click it...hehe but it was gone!
    You'll get used to it!

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

I personally tried the trackwheel and always thought it was kinda wired having to scroll down, the trackball feels alot more natural to me i guess b/c i used the side kick before but id have to give a vote to the trackball

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

i've never had the trackball but from the way i see it i think the trackwheel is the best navigation for a device and i've had thousands of devices over the last three years so... But i guess its always good to try new things! Lol

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I love the trackball since it feels sturdy enough to outlast the trackwheel that locked up on my last 7105T. It makes the BB feel more like a standard cell phone although the trackwheels that are on my 7730 and 7100t still work, but I don't really miss them all that much. I still find myself trying to use the right convenience button on my Pearl as a trackwheel LMAO...This stems from using the trackwheel for over 3 years LOL

It would have been interesting, however, to see if RIM could have come up with a way to make the trackwheel thinner and incorporate it on the Pearl and 8800 series LOL

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

I enjoy the Trackball much more than my old Trackwheel.

You can navigate faster with the ball you arent limited in your direction when scrolling applications or navigating a webpage.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i gave the trackball a try and couldnt get used to it but i might have to with the 8800 coming

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I am new to the blackberry but, I do like the new track ball. I am going to wait till I can get an upgrade though since my 8703e works fine for me.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Never had the chance to use the trackwheel, but I love the trackball. Makes using the phone very easy!!!

Naked Wife no está en línea Stack level 2

I love using shortcuts on the full keyboard and have always avoided using the trackwheel as much as possible. I always felt like I would wear it down. I've only played with the Pearl for a short time, but I like it. I look forward to seeing it on the full keyboard models.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

^^^ interesting screen name.... lol

anyway, why was motorola able to use the trackwheel design on the Q? it is certainly a slimmer phone than the 8700.

i personally prefer the trackball as it makes things quicker when sifting through emails or browsing web pages. it almost seems more natural to have the scroll device in the middle of the phone too.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am looking forward to trying the trackball, since reading your comments.Thanks

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

RIM tried to sell us that bunch of bologna that they gettin rid of the "click-wheel" not trackwheel because it hindered them from making thinner devices when months b4 Moto came out with the Q which is as thin if not thinner than the 8800 and 2 years old now..Come on thet clickwheel is considered the greatest cell fone invention since color lcd's.why in the world are they so damm gun-ho to get rid of it?? Heck they could have had both trackball and click wheels on the 8100 and 8800's..it's beyond me maybe someone at RIM can really tell us why they wanted so bad to get rid of the Beloved ClickWheel..? Btw some forum users have stated there trackball gets so dirty people on the pearls that they have to clean it guided by a cleaning instructions thread on pinstack bymonthly.what the heck is that all about?

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

I do admit though for the size of the pearl I can understand the convenience of the trackball since the pearl is so narrow that using a wheel would probaly feel strange but on a full keyboard device like 8800 the clickwheel makes so much more sense.

domjon84 no está en línea Stack level 2

I love the trackball much more than the trackwheel. It is easier to navigate through the functions and the browser....I can use it with one hand as to the 8700 I had to use two most of the time to get exactly what I wanted done. I am glad to see they have moved to the trackball and when you get used to it you will too.
    Dominick R. Jones
    ALLTEL
    WC
    Domjon84@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast