Can certain themes slow down the performannce of a BB. Are the ones pre loaded ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3

Theme Speed

Can certain themes slow down the performannce of a BB. Are the ones pre loaded on the 8800 the fastest?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Theme Speed

my typical *guess* would be maybe...
    but i've tested custom themes and preloaded themes and they seem to run the same. if you do have a custom theme with a ton of images, it might run a little slower...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Yes. But I wouldnt worry to much about this on 8700/8100 BB's or better. For the 7100's/7290 and earlier I would try to use themes with the lowest total file size possible.

Also see below which give some of the best way to keep your BB running fast:
    How to: Get Extra Memory Space On A Blackberry Save space on my Blackberry

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2

I used the BPlay Theme Aqua for a while, and went back to BB Dimension Icon on my Cingular 8800. I have noticed a much snappier response time. The main reason I went back to the Dimension theme is the full Yellow background behind the selected program is so much easier to recognize than the four corner box on the Bplay theme.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4

my opinion is yes i downloaded the zen theme and it tends to be slow at times not enough to make me take it off but i notice it and looking at a past post others noticed the same thing