Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

---------------------- mysmyrrh Sheesh. TMO has it's faults, but they do have it all over Cinguhell ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: The differences between the Cingular and T-Mobile 8800

Advertisement

----------------------
    mysmyrrh Sheesh. TMO has it's faults, but they do have it all over Cinguhell when it comes to pricing. Oops, did I type that outloud?----------------------

This "T-Mobile is much cheaper than Cingular" is an absurd fantasy.

Since for some bizare reason this myth continues to be promoted here. I must admit that I thought if this is indeed true I need to consider switching.

As we all know there are three components to take into consideration besides the price of the phone.

1) Airtime minutes plan.
    2) BIS data plan.
    3) Text message plan.

How I compare the cost from carrier to carrier is the total of all 3 components. As after all that is the monthly total that we pay each month.

Over the last year I have compared T-MO to Cingular three
    different times. Each time I brought three months of my wireless invoices in to T-Mobile and spoke to the store manager.

Every time the outcome is the same. There was less than an 8 dollar difference between these two companies.

I'm not saying that one is so much better than the other. I'm simply here to clarify to those of you that may actually believe this myth about a huge savings at T-Mobile it's simply not true. Not even close.

Furthermore Cingular has 3G service now and T-Mobile says the are 18 months away from offering partial 3G service.

~via BB 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by energyi
    How about any differences in tag lines when sending from BB? Does Cingular put the Yahoo like line "sent via blackberry from T-Mobile"? Any way to remove this? Thanks for the pinstack discussions.

JoE
    Go to Setup Internet Email on your carrier's website (from a PC...not sure how this works from the device itself).
    Click Edit on one of your accounts associated with the device.
    Look for the signature that says "Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile."
    Delete it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by veegeezy
    I'd like to add to archer6's post and say that Cingular also offers a business discount. I'm seeing close to 20 off mnthly bill as I work for a certain government entity. Go figure...Cingular offers a business discount...majority of blackberry users are business'/business employees. This is not limited to the blackberry phone either for the business discounts.
    Yes, you are 100% correct. Cingular has the best discounts for the largest number of businesse of any US carrier. The range is from 5% off Airtime to 25%. Then you are also entitled to equipment discounts etc. It all depends on the size of your company and the number of lines that are active with Cingular.

Cheers...

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01
    it doesn't really matter how you feel in regards to cingular employees. i've done my research and saw for my self what cingular had listed in comparision to the blackberry 8800 between cingular and t-mobile.

i find it kind of funny that a lot of you t-mobile users hold this company in such high regard and think honestly that their going to release the same blackberry with a camera because it's simply "t-mobile"

i highly doubt there is going to be an "8820" model release atleast for t-mobile because first and formost there hasn't been any different versions in the past for both these carriers other than the looks mainly, not only that but there has been absolutly no talk about any 88xx with a camera from research in motion, and if you look on the blackberry8800.com website they're already linking to cingular service and rogers wireless, and eventually for you t-mobile users.
    According to BG you might have been right about the camera on the 8820
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by energyi
    How about any differences in tag lines when sending from BB? Does Cingular put the Yahoo like line "sent via blackberry from T-Mobile"? Any way to remove this? Thanks for the pinstack discussions.

JoE
    You can changed this easily. Just log into your BIS, and change it. (www.t-mobile.com) then log into your account.

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    ----------------------
    mysmyrrh Sheesh. TMO has it's faults, but they do have it all over Cinguhell when it comes to pricing. Oops, did I type that outloud?----------------------

This "T-Mobile is much cheaper than Cingular" is an absurd fantasy.

Since for some bizare reason this myth continues to be promoted here. I must admit that I thought if this is indeed true I need to consider switching.

As we all know there are three components to take into consideration besides the price of the phone.

1) Airtime minutes plan.
    2) BIS data plan.
    3) Text message plan.

How I compare the cost from carrier to carrier is the total of all 3 components. As after all that is the monthly total that we pay each month.

Over the last year I have compared T-MO to Cingular three
    different times. Each time I brought three months of my wireless invoices in to T-Mobile and spoke to the store manager.

Every time the outcome is the same. There was less than an 8 dollar difference between these two companies.

I'm not saying that one is so much better than the other. I'm simply here to clarify to those of you that may actually believe this myth about a huge savings at T-Mobile it's simply not true. Not even close.

Furthermore Cingular has 3G service now and T-Mobile says the are 18 months away from offering partial 3G service.

~via BB 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You've got to be joking. I'm with T-Mo and want the 8800 so bad I went to Cingular to check out plans. To get less than what I currently have with T-Mo (1000 anytime calling minutes, unlimited data and texting) is HALF the cost of half the service with Cingular (450 anytime calling minutes, unlimited data and NO texting). T-Mo not only has better coverage than Cingular, it is a much, MUCH better deal.

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

Based on 46038 zip (Indianapolis)

Cingular 900 minutes with Rollover $60, 200 text $5, BES unlimited $45 = $110
    Tmobile 1000 my Faves $60, 400 text $5, BES unlimited $30 = $95 (14% savings)

So unless Tmob jacks up the additional surcharges, in this case, they come out ahead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123