Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As a Cingular employee, earlier today I happen to find a job detail on the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

The differences between the Cingular and T-Mobile 8800

Advertisement

As a Cingular employee, earlier today I happen to find a job detail on the Cingular 8800 in which on one of the pages compares the Cingular BlackBerry 8800 to the up and coming T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800...

For those thinking that T-Mobile was releasing the 8800 with a camera or with wifi or even both... think again.

It's basically the same exact BlackBerry as the one Cingular is releasing the only differences are:

1. The Cingular customized theme
    2. The dark blue color housing
    3. The push to talk feature

Those three features and only those three features make the difference.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: The differences between the Cingular and T-Mobile 8800

Well...I always find it hard to believe a cingular employee because they are so non-informed. At the same time, a 8800 is an 8800 right?

What T-mobile will be releasing is the 8820. Which is a different model as well as the 8800. Which will be the same as cingular. (that is what my sources from T-mobile tell me)

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

I find it Hard to believe that T-mo's version wouldnt have Wi-fi seeing as how they have a Wi-Fi network.

But the Camera maybe...

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm just excited for an opportunity to get rid of my treo 750 and get back to BB. Thanks Cingular for being the first.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :waiting patiently:

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

So true, why would we believe a Cingular rep stating info on T-mobile!!!!!!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im not really going to believe you until its official. I'm really hoping for the best.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I really don't believe any of it until I see it

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Wow, I believe that there will always be improvements, we just have to make a decision and go for it.

energyi no está en línea Stack level 1

How about any differences in tag lines when sending from BB? Does Cingular put the Yahoo like line "sent via blackberry from T-Mobile"? Any way to remove this? Thanks for the pinstack discussions.

JoE

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have noticed one thing in my experiences with companies who get first shot at releasing a smartphone and that is whoever releases the latest always gets a better phone (more bugs have been reported and fixed) better OS software( usually software pre installed is upgraded) and better quality builds..I think that's a big reason tmobile stopped stressing about having first release rights on smartphones.they just stick with basics.cingular always releases new fones first usually with little testing and causes tons of customer problems complaints etc..just remember when they paunched the 8700c first..they had huge complaints cause many of the first batcg had a problem that tons of dust got inside the lcd this was later fixed and completely fixed by the time the 8700g came out our housing is totally different tighter and to my opinion better thought out.don't get me wrong being a tech junkie I love to have the newest tech available but to have the latest technology and pay 300 to 400 bucks for a fone that comes out for another carrier a few months later that's better tested and has had problems fixed and corrected..no thanks guys I'd rather wait for the later..btw cingular blocks all wifi fones they did it on nokia e62 taking it out from the original e61 and also on the 8525 which now has no wifi unlike the older 8125 which had it.they criple there phones and I dislike there customer service A lot.on top to use programs that I love like bb weather Opera mini and jivetalk for chatting and Tethering w/8700 they demand and extra $30 a month apart from the regulae 30 a month for bis...that's $60 total when I get the same from Tmobile for $19.99 no thanks..I know cingular supposedly has better coverage but I live in a big city and my tmobile signal never dies out in New York nor New Jersey where I live..if Tmobile didn't work somewhere I probably wouldn't move there..

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Cingulosers
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    Cingulosers
    Click on the link below and check out Post #30

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lop_not-2.html

Cheers...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Just recieved an email from a friend who works for T-Mobile and is a BlackBerry user/enthusiast.

It seems that there is indeed talk of the T-Mobile version being the same as the Cingular 8800 with exception of branding and a slightly different paint scheme.

They were trained on this model being reported and at this time there is nothing official, other that what's be talked about internally.

Only time will tell....

Cheers...

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    Well...I always find it hard to believe a cingular employee because they are so non-informed. At the same time, a 8800 is an 8800 right?

What T-mobile will be releasing is the 8820. Which is a different model as well as the 8800. Which will be the same as cingular. (that is what my sources from T-mobile tell me)
    it doesn't really matter how you feel in regards to cingular employees. i've done my research and saw for my self what cingular had listed in comparision to the blackberry 8800 between cingular and t-mobile.

i find it kind of funny that a lot of you t-mobile users hold this company in such high regard and think honestly that their going to release the same blackberry with a camera because it's simply "t-mobile"

i highly doubt there is going to be an "8820" model release atleast for t-mobile because first and formost there hasn't been any different versions in the past for both these carriers other than the looks mainly, not only that but there has been absolutly no talk about any 88xx with a camera from research in motion, and if you look on the blackberry8800.com website they're already linking to cingular service and rogers wireless, and eventually for you t-mobile users.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast