Well its more of an error. But I've posted a lot about the problems I've ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

T-mobile faulted 8800's

Advertisement

Well its more of an error. But I've posted a lot about the problems I've been getting with my 8800 since I got it on saturday.
    I spoke to tmobile for around 3 hours and they found out from rim that a batch of 8800's had been sent out and not been activated properly.

Before they get sent out there supposed to get a service book sent that activates the device fully and if not then the device is limited to what it can do.

If you have a service bool called "provisioning" then you might want to call your sp and get them to activate your device.

That's what happened to me, even the device coustomer service had at tmobile had this problem.

Juat giving you a heads up.
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Re: T-mobile faulted 8800's

Hmm, not sure if I agree with this. I have three devices, with various carriers and they ALL have 'Provisioning [PROVISIONING]' in service books...

Unless you're talking about something different...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: T-mobile faulted 8800's

Same here on Cingular. 7290, 8700 and now a Pearl. All of them have had the Provisioning service book. All work fine. But it might not be a bad idea to call the carrier and ask for Data device support and ask that they check to make sure your account is properly provisioned if you are having multiple problems.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

Re: T-mobile faulted 8800's

I got My 8800 right after T-Mobile got them (first week) and mine was supposed to come ready to go out of the box. unfortunately it wouldn't work. After 3 or 4 telephone calls to them and a trip to the local T-mobile store, we finally got it to work. I wonder if this same thing happened with mine? They actually couldn't find my account in the system and had to ask me all of the information again to get it set up.

One would have thought that they would know what they are doing by now...

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: T-mobile faulted 8800's

I just spoke with T-Mobile & RIM: ALL devices that are connected to the network, and ARE ALLOWED to use data for BlackBerry MUST have 'Provisioning [PROVISIONING]'!?! Without it, your connection / data will NOT work...