Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well cigulars will have push to talk on there if you pay for the service. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: T-Mobile BlackBerry 8800

Advertisement

Well cigulars will have push to talk on there if you pay for the service. Each carrier also puts there own twist on their devices. Just like the pearl for tmobile has myfaves but cingulars don't. You know

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Ok but who is to say this is coming to tmo??? I mean it also has PTT. Tmo doesnt has PTT. Cingular does. As far as I am concern that could be as old as last year when they was testing certain features.....
    Did you bother to read the article? First look at the date of it: Feb. 21st 2007.

first line, first paragraph:
    "In a nice twist of fate, today's release of the first public version of BlackBerry OS 4.2.1.x"

and the last line of second paragraph:
    Unfortunately, one feature it does not list is the camera, so let's rule out this device for that 8800 series CameraBerry model.. for now, of course.

I understand you want a camera in the 8820 (as most of us do *read my post at the top of page 2*), but there's no point shooting the messenger or getting your panties in a twist. I shared the current facts from the BGR site, not my personal speculations.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Let's all call rim!

"Hi! RIM? Yeah, we were thinking about this a lot, and we've decided that the 8820...what?....yeah the crimson..YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Anyway smartass, we think it should definately have a camera, so get on that!"
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    Let's all call rim!

"Hi! RIM? Yeah, we were thinking about this a lot, and we've decided that the 8820...what?....yeah the crimson..YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Anyway smartass, we think it should definately have a camera, so get on that!"
    LoL @ "YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"

RIM has greatly improved its marketing schemes (I now have the blackberry phone mascot in my top 8) including the slogan: "A stylish way to get things done" and quite a few nice backgrounds at the 8800 site and it wouldn't surprise me if they visit these enthuistist sites to get ideas from 3rd party programmers and die-hard (but honest) blackberry owners.

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed t-mobile really tries to keep their ear to the street to know what to release and then comes up with a clever way to release it. Look at the blackberry pearl. They have several commercials in which actors use it along with fave5 plan. They are catchy and memorable (How many people have tried to find the ringtone to 'secret lover'? don't be shy). Then they add an affordable data plan which is half the price of the competitors. It's no wonder the pearl was a hit and why I have seen more diverse owners of a blackberry than I think anyone could've imagined. Cingular on the other hand, after getting to go second, still fumbled the Pearl's release. (I think they would've gotten worse sales if t-mob hadn't gone first and debuted it properly)

I am foreseeing t-mobile watching AT&T drop the ball on the 8800 with poor advertising & limited features and on their release debuting two models 8820 WiFi/no cam and 8820c Wifi/cam (I threw the c in cuz I mean comeon.. camera!)

(T-mobile I wave rights to this idea, you may have it and run with it, just send me a plush toy of the blackberry moscot throwing the rockstar horns with his white gloves)
    Last edited by blackninja; 02-22-2007 at 11:51 AM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I hope you're vision is correct, If it is, you will be the official stacker oracle.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Considering that RIM tends to share internals I don't see special edition TMO devices. MyFaves and PTT are both software features (that do rely on network support but the point is that the device hardware is the same). The 8800 will be released by both carriers, followed by the 8820 and hopefully an 88XX with WiFi and camera. However, only time will actually tell...

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Considering that RIM tends to share internals I don't see special edition TMO devices. MyFaves and PTT are both software features (that do rely on network support but the point is that the device hardware is the same). The 8800 will be released by both carriers, followed by the 8820 and hopefully an 88XX with WiFi and camera. However, only time will actually tell...
    *watches my hopes deflate*

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

He's right though.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    Did you bother to read the article? First look at the date of it: Feb. 21st 2007.

first line, first paragraph:
    "In a nice twist of fate, today's release of the first public version of BlackBerry OS 4.2.1.x"

and the last line of second paragraph:
    Unfortunately, one feature it does not list is the camera, so let's rule out this device for that 8800 series CameraBerry model.. for now, of course.

I understand you want a camera in the 8820 (as most of us do *read my post at the top of page 2*), but there's no point shooting the messenger or getting your panties in a twist. I shared the current facts from the BGR site, not my personal speculations.
    oooooooookkk.. So you think the software was concurrently release the same day it was created????? Ah no. They could release another version tomorrow and the day after that. The software could be CREATED in Oct 2006 and released today to the PUBLIC. Thats what i mean. And i wasnt shooting the messenger. Good job misinterpreting me and the running off on your own verbal assault.

You also forgot the line right above the paragraph.

What does this mean? Well, while the details may not be completely clear and one hundred percent correct, but it shows that it will have a GPRS/WLAN radio stack, a first for BlackBerry devices, as well as the customary support for voice-activated dialing and push-to-talk capabilities. Unfortunately, one feature it does not list is the camera, so let's rule out this device for that 8800 series CameraBerry model.. for now, of course.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Thank you. I am glad notice that as well and thats why I said the software could be from some other time meaning older software. 8820 w/ptt is not a tmobile phone period. Just because it was in the alx files doesnt mean the software is "CURRENT" OR FUTURE SOFTWARE RELEASE.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

omg I just saw a new tmo my faves ad on tv and it featured the 8820. At the end of the ad you see the myfaves on the 8820. so t-mo is already starting to advertise the 8820. Cingy should take a note on how to advertise a product. On a side note I went to my local cingular store to check out the 8800 and I was so disappointed. First of all it wasnt even being advertised. Second of all it was relegated to some corner spot with a sign saying 8700c. if that isnt enough the 8800 they had on display looked as if it was five years old. It was worn out. I just shook my head and walked out.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Thank you. I am glad notice that as well and thats why I said the software could be from some other time meaning older software. 8820 w/ptt is not a tmobile phone period. Just because it was in the alx files doesnt mean the software is "CURRENT" OR FUTURE SOFTWARE RELEASE.
    *sigh* "the first public version of BlackBerry OS 4.2.1.x for the Cingular brand came with a nice little surprise for our readers". The .xml was just released. Obviously this means it is up-to-date to include the 8800 and the soon to be 8820. This means your theory of it being from last year is incorrect.

It seems you are stuck on the notion of the 8820 coming with a camera for t-mobile. As Takeshi said, "Rim tends to share internals". he was responding to my statement of foreseeing t-mobile releasing a debut 8820c (8820 wifi with a camera) by explaining RIM does not release special edition phones for providers (which I was hoping might happen).

Ok but who is to say this is coming to tmo??? I mean it also has PTT. Tmo doesnt has PTT. Cingular does.
    Again, this has nothing to do with the phone itself, but the vender. PTT is a software difference. The Pearl on Cingular is physically no different than the Pearl on T-mobile.
    If Cingular's 8820 is to have no camera, then T-mobile's 8820 will have no camera seeing it will be the same phone. Also, take a swing by Haydens thread Blackberry 8820 (w/ WIFI) Feature comparison & Launch dates

nothing is 100% certain until it is released, but it is the 99th percentile.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Can't wait to get a final answer!!!

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    *sigh* "the first public version of BlackBerry OS 4.2.1.x for the Cingular brand came with a nice little surprise for our readers". The .xml was just released. Obviously this means it is up-to-date to include the 8800 and the soon to be 8820. This means your theory of it being from last year is incorrect.

It seems you are stuck on the notion of the 8820 coming with a camera for t-mobile. As Takeshi said, "Rim tends to share internals". he was responding to my statement of foreseeing t-mobile releasing a debut 8820c (8820 wifi with a camera) by explaining RIM does not release special edition phones for providers (which I was hoping might happen).

Again, this has nothing to do with the phone itself, but the vender. PTT is a software difference. The Pearl on Cingular is physically no different than the Pearl on T-mobile.
    If Cingular's 8820 is to have no camera, then T-mobile's 8820 will have no camera seeing it will be the same phone. Also, take a swing by Haydens thread Blackberry 8820 (w/ WIFI) Feature comparison & Launch dates

nothing is 100% certain until it is released, but it is the 99th percentile.
    Dude please quote me in any of post of saying the phone will have a camera or might have one..... Because I dont understand why you keep misinterpreting my post. Hayden post I seen and your still not getting the point so I am moving on.....

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    omg I just saw a new tmo my faves ad on tv and it featured the 8820. At the end of the ad you see the myfaves on the 8820. so t-mo is already starting to advertise the 8820. Cingy should take a note on how to advertise a product. On a side note I went to my local cingular store to check out the 8800 and I was so disappointed. First of all it wasnt even being advertised. Second of all it was relegated to some corner spot with a sign saying 8700c. if that isnt enough the 8800 they had on display looked as if it was five years old. It was worn out. I just shook my head and walked out.
    Wha-Whaat! awwww I wish I had seen that.

How did you know it was the 8820, and not the 8800? was it a different body style?

LUCKY!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast